MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just passed 83,500 kms in my LY MINI... 83k+ Mexican kms must account for triple southern Florida kms... my LY has taken a serious beating, huge potholes, insane traffic, serious dust, track work, etc, etc... after new steering rack, new clutch, its third pair of rear arm bushings and a bunch of tires my tire installer told me it was time for new shocks... at that very moment I decided to call my friend Luis Galan from Autodynamica in Houston, Tx. and we decided on a set of H&R coilovers and all the bushings from Powerflex, after a couple of days the suspesnion arrived...

I know some will argue not all bushings are there, we stuffed them in the least boxes possible for packaging and customs purposes...

after arrival I took the LY to my independent installer and here is the result...

when we took the suspension out I notice some BMW hard plastic bumps, no wonder it was higher than previous MINI's and why it rode like the Flinstone's car... now the ride is firm yet adequate despite being low... in speedbump infested Puebla, Mexico there are some bumps I just can't get pass by, it hits and scrapes the bottom :mad:

its already did its first Track Day with its new suspension and it handles perfectly...

The bushings are a great improvement too and a well recommended upgrade at any time...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I continue to rack up the kms on my new H&R coils and the only thing I have to say is that MINI should have had installed the H&R's from the factory. The ride is firm yet compliant, its a completely different MINI and now that the springs have settled is slammed. My MINI left its Flinstone's car complex with its old suspension, no more feel every little vibration, odd understeer handling.

Now for the Powerflex bushings, once again, MINI why didn't you provide the car with such set up? Despite transmitting more feel and many might think an uncomfortable one, the new bushings also bring reasurance, more handling and better feel when driving.

If you are in need of a new suspension or want a nice upgrade go for the H&R's and Powerflexe's you won't regret it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Frissen,
Have you installed Camber Plates with your CoilOver??

I installed my H&R but not satisfied with the result when the car is low... Will install Camber-Caster plates next week.

Same with the rear,I will buy-install rear adj droplinks, I have too much camber at the rear and cant adjust it.

I'll update with results-impressions when I'm done

Cheers
Pierre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts