MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been contacting some local companies about getting the Milltek highflow downpipe & cat fitted to my MCS Stage 1 Works. Only one has replied so far but they say Milltek suggest it is only fitted with the full system and that they won't warrant it if it's fitted alone.

Not sure it's entirely true as I've not spoken to Milltek, but thought some people on here would benefit from the warning.

Kev

·
Boosted
480 Posts
I cant see that being true. wouldn't make good business sense surely.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it depends if they move/replace any sensors?

My exhaust is pretty limited to be honest. When/if I decide to replace the cat I'll contact Milltek to double check.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi all,

I've been contacting some local companies about getting the Milltek highflow downpipe & cat fitted to my MCS Stage 1 Works. Only one has replied so far but they say Milltek suggest it is only fitted with the full system and that they won't warrant it if it's fitted alone.

Not sure it's entirely true as I've not spoken to Milltek, but thought some people on here would benefit from the warning.

Kev
Whatever you purchase new, you have a 12 month warranty on it....statutory consumer rights.

p.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whatever you purchase new, you have a 12 month warranty on it....statutory consumer rights.

p.
But its not as simple as that is it? Eg, if I fit a huge aftermarket turbo to my brand new Mini and the engine fails Mini aren't gonna honour the engine warranty are they?

·
Boosted
480 Posts
But its not as simple as that is it? Eg, if I fit a huge aftermarket turbo to my brand new Mini and the engine fails Mini aren't gonna honour the engine warranty are they?
Oh I thought you were talking about the Milltek warranty being null and void on the downpipe if you didn't fit their cat back system as well. We all know that the MINI warranty will be void with the use of aftermarket parts, but only on items that are associated to the aftermarket part. They cant blame your wing mirror falling off on the fact you have a Milltek downpipe installed for example.

·
Registered
405 Posts
there are other downpipes out there that you may not be aware of...

To name a few

GGR
Alta
And there is always the custom route which I have explored :)

IMO the GGR one was my number one choice but price put me off somewhat

I am actually in the middle of importing a full system (downpipe and cat back) and the WHOLE thing Inc shipping etc was a smidgen over 400 whereas as you know the milltek downpipe is 400 on it's own!! So it's worth exploring other routes too :) the milltek isn't still the only option out there in the uk.

·
Registered
812 Posts
there are other downpipes out there that you may not be aware of...

To name a few

GGR
Alta
And there is always the custom route which I have explored :)

IMO the GGR one was my number one choice but price put me off somewhat

I am actually in the middle of importing a full system (downpipe and cat back) and the WHOLE thing Inc shipping etc was a smidgen over 400 whereas as you know the milltek downpipe is 400 on it's own!! So it's worth exploring other routes too :) the milltek isn't still the only option out there in the uk.
I have bought a lot of tuning stuff from the USA but by the time you pay (GREEDY TAX) duty..:mad: its no cheaper..:eek:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I thought you were talking about the Milltek warranty being null and void on the downpipe if you didn't fit their cat back system as well.
We where, I was just trying to point out the statement that anything new has a warranty isn't that straight forward, there are always terms and conditions linked to it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think around £400 is good value for a well designed and warranted cat. I want something with a dealer not too far away who can support it if there are problems. If you import it your on your own.

FYI I believe the Milltek cat caused problems with US specced cars and was withdrawn from the US market. The US car has a different exhaust setup so I would be wary if buying a setup designed for one of these cars (eg Alta). Also notice that Lohen is an Alta dealer but doesn't sell their downpipe, not sure why though.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think around £400 is good value for a well designed and warranted cat. I want something with a dealer not too far away who can support it if there are problems. If you import it your on your own.

FYI I believe the Milltek cat caused problems with US specced cars and was withdrawn from the US market. The US car has a different exhaust setup so I would be wary if buying a setup designed for one of these cars (eg Alta). Also notice that Lohen is an Alta dealer but doesn't sell their downpipe, not sure why though.
Kev,

I had the same reply from Milltek too, although they didn't actually say they wont warranty it, they were just trying to 'upsell' to the full system. Call Lohen, as they said that they will fit just the DP and if any CEL issues are found then they would refit the OEM pipe FOC.

The CEL issue was a USA issue only from what i read / found out.

Reactions: kevkbuk

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kev,

I had the same reply from Milltek too, although they didn't actually say they wont warranty it, they were just trying to 'upsell' to the full system. Call Lohen, as they said that they will fit just the DP and if any CEL issues are found then they would refit the OEM pipe FOC.
Interesting, have you taken the plunge on a cat yet?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Interesting, have you taken the plunge on a cat yet?
Not yet, just not had time.

Current UK options are:

Miltek ( uses 200cpi cat )
GTT ( They take the most restictive cat out - 400cpi one i believe ) leaving the 200 cpi one in place
GGR ( Not confirmed but this one maybe 100cpi, if not it's 200cpi )

So i'm sure they'll all produce the same gains, although the GGR is also mandrel bent so maybe flow better.

Haven't heard from anybody with the GGR fitted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts