MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in California and was wondering what it costs you to ensure your MINI? Any replies would be appreciated!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Too many variables

I'd really suggest you call your insurance company, and maybe a few others. There are so many factors that go into calculating your insurance premium, that what someone else is paying has little to do with what you'll pay.

I know, not much help...but hopefully a little.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i was worried as well, but then called my insurance agent and found out it's not bad

i have state farm and live in Atlanta

i had an 03 mazda protege and my insurance only went up 30-40/month even tho i switched to an 05 S AND I lowered my collision deductible from 1000 to 500!

so it's not bad

·
Registered
783 Posts
I called a half-dozen companies, at least, and found that rates from one to the next varied as much as 50%. I went with the lowest quote, but when I renewed the first time, it went up 25%. I think I was the first kid on the block to get insurance for a Cooper S, and the insurers really had no clue how much to charge.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My insurance went down!

I had a 1998 Acura Integra GSR coupe (5-speed manual).

I was braced for a swift kick in the nu*s, but my insurance actually DROPPED when I bought my new 04 MCS!! I am paying around $775 a year for $500 deductable with Country Companies (large insurance company in the midwest). That comes out to less than $65 a month.

I'm 28 and married, have multi-car discount. While I don't have any claims in my history, I have more than my share of speeding tickets.

My insurance agent said my premium went down due to increased saftey ratings and lowered risk of theft. Whatever. Means I have more money for mods!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm paying ~1200 year. $250 deductable on collision, no deductable on comprehensive, multi-car discount, safe driver discount (some program state farm was trying out for younger drivers). I might call up ye old insurance agent and see if i might be able to get it down a bit. 26 y/o, male, maryland, no tickets or claims.

needless to say a brand new 05 Cooper S would cost more to insure than my 95 Geo Prizm.
Although last year I did get a rate drop with the whole you turn 25, you get cheaper insurance thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.