MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off to the Nurburgring next week for a few days and will be driving through France Belgium and a bit of Germany en route. Does anyone know if most insurance companies include European mainland cover.

I am with GA and will no doubt need to phone them next week to check for sure. If anyone has any experience / comments I'd love to hear them. (yes I know I'm a lazy bstard and should have checked this weeks ago)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I am with DL, and I just pick up the phone, tell them how long I am over in Europe for, and they tell me how much extra I have to pay.

I get 72h free insurance with them, and normally I pay something in the region of 17 GBP as excess for a week in Europe :)

Hope this helps :)

DK ;) :apple:

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
You need to check with them. All policies are different.
Usually if it's three days or less a "green card" will cost you nothing. Some policies actually include European cover but a majority don't. Shouldn't cost you too much if you do need to pay. £20 at most.

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just dug out the policy... actually its with Churchill.

It *appears* that up to 90 days in EU is free, but I think I better check just in case... <grabs phone>

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup Just phoned, cover is free as part of the policy. Bloody ought to be at that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
oleum
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing