MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off to the Nurburgring next week for a few days and will be driving through France Belgium and a bit of Germany en route. Does anyone know if most insurance companies include European mainland cover.

I am with GA and will no doubt need to phone them next week to check for sure. If anyone has any experience / comments I'd love to hear them. (yes I know I'm a lazy bstard and should have checked this weeks ago)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I am with DL, and I just pick up the phone, tell them how long I am over in Europe for, and they tell me how much extra I have to pay.

I get 72h free insurance with them, and normally I pay something in the region of 17 GBP as excess for a week in Europe :)

Hope this helps :)

DK ;) :apple:

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
You need to check with them. All policies are different.
Usually if it's three days or less a "green card" will cost you nothing. Some policies actually include European cover but a majority don't. Shouldn't cost you too much if you do need to pay. £20 at most.

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just dug out the policy... actually its with Churchill.

It *appears* that up to 90 days in EU is free, but I think I better check just in case... <grabs phone>

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup Just phoned, cover is free as part of the policy. Bloody ought to be at that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts