MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good and bad story here.

I had loads of quotes and quite a lot of trouble with people quoting on a "modified" car - even though I was getting it from new.

Finally settled on WhatCar Insurance (Royal and Sun Alliance) who had been recommended to me by several people.

They quoted based on the fact that the car was coming to me already modified - and so I sent them a full spec sheet. Their original quote was (around £500) - incl. one accident just over three years ago.

Anyway, the insurance certificate has just arrived and they were wrong. They've referred the car and it should be up a couple of insurance groups. However they have honoured their original quote for the first year which I am very impressed with. They have been helpful and courteous throughout - unlike some other companies, and they have not broken their work (I had detailed conversations with them about the mods).

Moral of the story, as mentioned in a number of other threads, is to make sure you write down in full what has been done to the car and send it through to your insurer. Otherwise you could end up un-insured...

Now I'm just wondering how much its gonna be next year!!!

Flowki

·
Registered
343 Posts
I phoned up MINI insurance. They quoted be just over £900 for my Cooper S Works ( well soon to be mine, in septmeber )
They actually insure the Works cars as seperate car, rather than a modified Cooper or Cooper S. When mine turns up I will still shop around, but I think £900 is quite good.

Cheers

Michael

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just thought I'd bring this thread back up. As the Cooper S is going to cost me a lot to insure I thought I might go for the Works Cooper. Can anyone tell me what insurance companies they used for insuring their Works Coopers?

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
batemano said:
Just thought I'd bring this thread back up. As the Cooper S is going to cost me a lot to insure I thought I might go for the Works Cooper. Can anyone tell me what insurance companies they used for insuring their Works Coopers?
The JCC Works cars are insured by TLClowes or Competition Car Insurance - I believe they both use Norwich Union Scheme TLC definitely do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts