MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 18, have my driving test in the first week of March and should get my Mini Cooper in the first two weeks of April. Hopefully I will have passed in time, if I haven't, I will shoot myself!! Anyway, I was wondering which Insurance company I should go for, at the moment my best quote is around £2800 from CiS, Elephant quoted 3000 I think, for 10 months (weird Bonus Accelerator thing). Anywhere else I should try???

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Try Direct Line, www.directline.co.uk they quoted me the cheapest:
21 (almost 22), 4 years driving, no accidnets, no no-claims bonus as first insurance and 2 SP 50 Speeding offences!
£2300. Other quotes I've had have been from:
Mini Insurance £2900 to Elephant.co.uk £4900

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
bloody hell and I thought £730 was alot of money for being 27 years old

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd hate to have a Cooper as a first car,
know anyone who doesn't dent their first motor ??!
I'd be gutted.
Work your way up from a Nova. :)

For more insurance companies and owners quotes see here:
http://www.insurancequotes.org.uk/add

Don't forget to add your quote when you do get the policy.
regards
Richard

PS. Best of luck with the test.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Look at "Pass Plus" Scheme

Ask your driving instructor about the "Pass Plus" scheme.

There are UK insurers who will allow you a one year intro discount if you take this course. It'll cost you a couple of hundred quid for the extra lessons but 30% off your first insurance premium is going to help a lot. Plus you might be one of the 3 out of 4 young male drivers who DON'T crash in their 1st year of driving!

Pass Plus is an excellent but under-used scheme which has had poor take up - largely due to poor training and crappy quote systems used in insurance offices. Most quote systems can't cope with the PP qualification so you need to find a broker or insurer who knows something about it.

You can get more info online at the address below:

http://www.passplus.org.uk/insucomp.ASP

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lies, damned lies, and statistics......

....so, 3 out of 4 young male drivers don't crash in their first year of driving, hell, I crashed in my first day!

Should've seen the coppers face when he asked for my licence and I pulled out this little slip of paper I'd just got from the test centre.

:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts