Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there seems to be alot of confusion on which intake is better. There are ALOT of selections and after doing some research, iv'e come to the conclusion that the Mini Madness rogue intake with the crowl mod, K&N typhoon, and Alta cai are the most popular intakes for the MCS. If you have the time, please vote so newbies like myself can decide what intake to go with.
thanks
-Tyler :blblack:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
42 views and only 1 reply? I'm assuming this topic has been talked about many times before. I apologize for that, but I would still like to get everyone's opinions on these intakes so please if you would vote, that would be much appreciated.
thanks
-Tyler

·
Registered
224 Posts
kapps said:
You might want to put a "no intake option on" :D

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25654&page=1&pp=25

But if those ore my options, definitely Alta.
Hehehehe, Andy is a good friend of mine and when he showed me and went through the whole deal, I was sold. I got a filter the next day and I havent looked back since! Torrential rain and all. Cost me $40 for the filter and $10 for the little K&N breather valve. So I get a better intake for $50 then K&N and save $210 :D

Read the thread man, then do the mod. You wont regret it :D

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
K&N make the best filters in the world for many cars, so they got my vote and my money too;)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I have tried the following,

K&N, HKS, Pipercross, John Cooper works,and one more that I cannot remember the name of at the moment,

But what do I have on my car??? (i hear you ask) ;)

Its standard :D

All of the above aftermarket kits sound good but non of them perform as good as the standard equipment.

I say save your cash :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
zooooom -

Well. the sound is the main reason you put one on!... unless you're also doing the exhaust and SC pulley, then you'll see a performance bump. :)

- - m

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a cheap air filter from auto zone today and bolted it on the the stock pipe, but im not sure if its helpin, i get the strange feelin it might be leakin air n loosein pressure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
Dave
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing