MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a good place to USE GDI turbo and intake cleaner somewhere before the throttle body so most of it goes in the intake. I just got this car so I'm still learning where and what is what. Why does the inter-cooler charge line coming from the bottom of the Intercooler running up and then down to the throttle body "split" half way back down. Where is this split going? I can see right before this is a good place to introduce the GDI turbo and intake cleaner EXCEPT for this split. The split seems to go into the "cabin"??? Is this going inside the car for the heater or what? I don't understand this split at all....

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Most people wanting to make power will often delete this. Not sure how much more power it'll make though.

There is another similar mod on the other side to remove the muffler.

· Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I already got a part on order to get rid of the "muffler". That is much more likely to deliver more power. The "noise maker" thing is just crazy...however, without the muffler, it might be funny to hear the difference in the cabin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.