MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13,595 Posts

· Registered
13,595 Posts
on serious note when adding a intercoolers and pipe work its a balance between flow and pressure and both are not the same, when tuning a cars system its a bit like a air pump if you restrict it on inlet or outlet it will effect the engine in different ways,same as opening one end up and not the other will ie might get loads of low down torque by a restriction that any restriction on oit outlet side increase pressure but decrease volume really i one of those things that needs to be understood before adding anything, and the big risk is this when running different pressures on super charger ie the injectors are preset to fuel at a percentage to burn without pinking or knock these tow things are very bad for a engine and will kill it off when got it wrong, so by changing this with out rolling road time to balance it all again is a big gamble in my book, believe me i have seen many times people come on and say they have modified something just from reading forums where others have glued a load of stuff on it and it sort of runs but these people dont come back and tell everyone that their car never made it past 5k until melted a piston or something as many do, or the mpg is so far off they cant'd afford to run it, we have mapped a few gen 1 cars with added pressure from ss and got good results and cars still after 40k running fine, black magic tuning as below have new rolling road being fitted really soon and do mods correctly. do a lot of vag stuff as well, ironically their first booked job in when its up and running is a mclaren that will be interesting day for sure

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I’ve got a 17” pulley on my 05 r53 and standard intercooler looking to upgrade but not sure what’s the best one
Size isn't everything, so I've been told. Most people have the few inches smaller.

Have a look and see what you like and want to spend

· 0.1mpg (Miles per Grin)
281 Posts
I had a 17% pulley reduction on my old R53 coupled with an Airtec intercooler. I also had a 2% crank pulley. All seemed to work well together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.