MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the initial idea of a meeting in October for those that can make it in the UK with their new MINI\'s, who would be keen on having this meeting include a tour of the Oxford production facility.

I don\'t know if this could be arranged, but if enough new MINI owners, and possible future new MINI owners could show an interest then maybe this is something we can arrange?

Oxford is fairly central too, so it seems a good idea to me.

Who fancies it then?

I do... so that\'s one... :)

·
MINI2 co-founder
653 Posts
hmmm...my birthday is in October...couldn\'t see a better way to celebrate then visiting Oxford :) I would love to fly across the pond and spend some time with you UK nuts :)

·
Indecisive MINI Owner
473 Posts
It\'s be a 4 hour journey for me, but so what?! I\'ll be there. Add another name to your list Paul. It would make a fantastic day out. Although if you\'re speaking to people at the British Mini CLub, make sure no MINI haters come - MINI\'s look better in one piece!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. I\'ve spoken to the MINI General Manager today, and the tour is not going to be possible this year.

Apparantly they are a little busy selling and making cars or something? :)

Anyway, with a little luck we should see factory tours available in 2002, so that\'s got to be the time for a posse of MINI2 members to go and see what goes on in those huge buildings in Oxford.

:)

So now we have to think of another venue for the October meeting....

·
Indecisive MINI Owner
473 Posts
Riviera Run MINI Style? :) It\'d be a good meet! Weekend or something like that?

Worth thinking about,

·
Registered
53 Posts
All the best for the October meeting. Would love to come but my cooper won\'t arrive until November. How about mini meet II in January???

·
Registered
808 Posts
Okay, so assume I am ingnorant of the geography of the UK. I\'ve been to London a bunch, as well as Devon and Cambridge. That\'s the extent of it. So, then, how far is Oxford from London? Some of the flights are pretty cheap these days from the east coast of the US and it is a bit round my birthday so perhaps I could treat myself! ;-)

Jason

·
Registered
486 Posts
My MINI should be comming up for its first service by then and since I have to come down from the shetland isles (as far north in the british isles as you can go) I would love to come. Does any one know of the furthest south MINI as it would be great to get the cars together so that we have MINI\'s from every corner of the british isles together for the first tour of the factory where our dreams were created. }:O

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You\'re in Northampton, I\'m in Milton Keynes, Jakx is from Bedfordshire. :)

Anyway, as I said this year the factory is out, I spoke to the MINI general manager, and it\'s a big fat \'no\' until they get something slick and professional put together for visitors.

Anyway, we still want to do something in October.

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Hi
Count me in for the factory tour next year,Oxford would still make a good place to meet geographicly hour or so away for most people.

Any MINI2 members from the southeast.

another day nearer to my chillired cooper

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
I\'m up for a tour whenever! Oct, Nov, Next Year. f I don\'t have my Mini I\'ll just pop along in my old banger! As for SE MiniNerds - I\'m from Kent.

Diet

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Hi,
Count me in for the factory tour....don\'t mind the wait ! If you MINI guys meet up, let me join in \'cos I got a classic mini and you might just persuade me to buy a MINI that little bit sooner...

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Count me in for the factory tour. I shan\'t get a new Mini until Apr 2002, but hope to order one in Feb 2002.

I shall come along to meetings/gatherings in my 1995 Mini Cooper until then.

I am from Norfolk and London, and have not seen a new Mini on the road yet.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
I\'m up for the tour too although it worries me slightly that they\'re putting together \"something slick and professional for the visitors\".. Makes us all sound like naieve day trippers or something - I\'d rather see the plant warts and all (then again I\'m not going to complain if it\'s either \'sanitised\' or nothing at all) :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I\'m torn - I\'d love to go and look round the factory but not if it means someone is going to spend time setting up a tour instead of building my Mini..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts