MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancy blingin' the interior of my 'S' with a Speedo and Rev counter chrome ring, similar to the new Interior Chrome Line.

Anyone fitted these after market bits and......
1. which ones are best (as there seems to be loads on the market now) ?
2. how easy are they to fit or replace the original dial rings ?

cheers guys'n'gals :)

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
To answer your question, I fitted aftermarket chrome rings on my One, last year.

1. I bought mine from MINI Spares - the rings are metal as opposed to chromed plastic.
2. They fit over the original dial rings & a friend fitted them for me using the type of adhesive for bodyparts etc. But I understand any contact adhesive will do.

Hope this helps. :D

·
Mini Cooper
8 Posts
Chrome Interior

I ordered the chrome interior from newministuff. All the parts are original BMW parts that replace the existing parts. The only fiddly part to fit is the speedo ring. Details of how to fit that are in the fitting guide section on this web site. The chrome rev counter ring is a non genuine bmw part, also brought from newministuff. It just clips over the top of the plastic cover. The chrome on it is exactly the same as the genuine bits.

I would definitely recommend fitting the whole chrome line interior set as it makes the car seem a lot more plush. I think the whole set came to about £70 including P&P

Visit newministuff.co.uk

Gareth2512

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
You can get most of the original chrome from your dealer, except the rev counter ring........its cheaper from your dealer, and you can get an aftermarket ring for your rev counter.........;)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys ;)

I like the look of the TT style ones MiniSport are doing and I think they are stick-on, so I'll give 'em a 'buzz and get 'em for Crimbo :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts