MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched but haven't found how to fix this, sometime the boot unlocks and sometimes it doesn't - completely random so I suspect that there is a loose wire or similar.
As its a later model, I dont have the under seat catch to open it, can someone tell me how to open it please as it won't open when I need it too !!

thanks
Anne

· Registered
591 Posts
I will give this a go at answering. Mine is a Gen 2. There are hall sensors in the roof which prevent the boot opening until the roof is locked closed or locked open, any one of these could be causing the problem by being a millimeter out of perfect position. There is also, as you suspect, potential for loose/contaminated wires at the lock mechanism so this would be the easiest to check and also see if there is any water ingress there. The plastic liner of the boot lid is held on with clips so with careful prising using a plastic tool you can get into the workings. There is an emergency release handle behind the rear seats hidden behind the boot liner, not sure which side on the Gen 3 but being a cabrio, this is a PITA to get to in mine so will be similar in yours. That's about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.