MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok
59 Posts
I'll go see my car dealer next week about this problem, I'll keep you guys tuned....
Saw my MINI dealer this morning. They think it's not so bad (only a slight vibration) - but since the car is brand-new they will replace the rear view mirror and check if there are no other problems related tthat might be the cause of this issue.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I bought my Cooper D new last December ('07) and the mirror has never vibrated. I've got standard suspension and 17" non-runflat wheels.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Saw my MINI dealer this morning. They think it's not so bad (only a slight vibration) - but since the car is brand-new they will replace the rear view mirror and check if there are no other problems related tthat might be the cause of this issue.
At least they're replacing it and checking for any related faults. :)
How many miles have done? I noticed my mirror vibrated on pick up (7 miles on clock) but it stopped.

·
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok
59 Posts
I bought my Cooper D new last December ('07) and the mirror has never vibrated. I've got standard suspension and 17" non-runflat wheels.
I have sport suspension and right now I'm using my winter tires on 15" standard wheels. I don't want to wait for spring/summer and my 17" flame spokes to check if this problem is related to that, or to the auto-dimming mirror (which is what I suspect) or to something else. Anyway, the MINI's brand new, so it's up to them to find out what's wrong. :p

At least they're replacing it and checking for any related faults. :)
How many miles have done? I noticed my mirror vibrated on pick up (7 miles on clock) but it stopped.
I have done more than 4000 km (2500 miles). I've had this problem since day one (3 km on the counter). It never stopped.

After some testing, it seems that the mirror vibrates when the engine runs at slightly above 2000 rpm, which is a fairly normal engine speed, IMHO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
HI guys, Now been on long run on motorway, speeds up to 78 MPH and I have no vibration there, I'm on 17" runflats.
Pete

·
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok
59 Posts
Here's my update on this matter.
My MINI came back yesterday from the MINI garage. They changed the internal rear view mirror and this corrected the problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have had this problem since the day i picked up my car new in March 08 and the dealers just said they have never heard of any problems with the mirror vibrating and I do have auto dimming mirror like a few of you have, it only vibrates at certain speeds as already mentioned by a few of you.

Just so relieved to actual find out that I wasn't just imagining it!!! and I'm not the only one with this problem lol

I too am now just living with it... never mind. :)

·
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok
59 Posts
Hi zimbo, you're certainly not the only one...

That's good news, BettyBoop - hope it stays vibration-free now!
I guess I wasn't out of the wood yet. The rear mirror started vibrating again... but it's less than before. Anyway. I guess I won't be able to get rid of this.

Anyway, I'm visiting MINI's quality center in Oxford during MINI UNITED in may, and I'll be sure to ask them about this problem. :tongue:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts