MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also in todays Autocar
Snoop4cars.com offers £1500 off Coopers and £1000 off mini one sourced from europe -3 to 4 months delivery and also greater savings on optional extras fitted to the cars.
Expects to give greater than £1500 off cooper S
Mini One Basic list £9300
Mini Cooper Basic list £ 10100

Thoughts?

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you want a cheaper car import one from holland your self but dont expect the same waranty or TLC for £100. I priced a mini up from BMW/MINI dealer in Utrect I was going to save about £1000, but then have to purcahse the TLC from this country on top (and end up with a reduced waranty which is one of the main selling point of the UK mini's and one of the contributing factors of minimal depreciation) But even so its certainly an option.

I looked at the pro's and con's and have since ordered mine from a BMW dealer in the UK.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I have looked into importing a MINI. I have been in touch with many interner importers, some well known, some not. Even ones quoting discounts in magazines. After e-mailing several for quotes it appears they can't supply the car ! In the car import guide magazine there is a piece on dealers, but can they get a car ??? NO !
Bearing in mind the TLC package and back up service from a main dealer that's where my money went.
Yes a discount would be great, the general uselessness of importers is a big off putting factor.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Only one year warranty and no TLC available in Ireland !!
Plus BASIC Cooper price, no extras or packs at all is around £14,000.00 sterling (€22,850.00) - you pay through the nose for a MINI here.......and suffer on warranty front!!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
EVO magazine were nearly charge around £170 for a service, that was until they hand over the TLC booklet :cool: :cool:
I think they then sped off from the dealers before they remembered the car had a WORKS COVERSION :p :p :p

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
MINI COOPER HATCHBACK
1.6 3dr
Base Price
£10434
(Inc. VAT)

Delivery to European Dealer: within 3-4 months
* Subject to confirmation of the Dealer Deposit

Including 1 'optional extra' (that being 12 months road tax)..

On The Road price inc. VAT just over £11k

Our prices are converted from Euros, prices may vary slightly with currency fluctuations. However the exchange rate can be fixed at the point of your order.

How's that a bargain?!?

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Yes ! That is a bargain, at least it would be if they could supply the blessed things ! I mean the UK dealers are having a hard enough time !

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
That isn't much less than a base cooper bought over here. Or my memory might be playing up, and the base cooper might not be £10,500 otr.

Dom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts