MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the intravee fitted to my 04 Cooper S with the factory Sat nav. I have just managed to buy a TUA-T100 unit that plugs into the intravee unit allowing DAB through the fatory radio. Has anyone else fitted this and if so what solution did you use for the aerial?

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Me.

I didn't get an antenna with my Alpine unit (used off the 'Bay) which worried me as I also have a Pioneer one and had a Blaupunkt with built in DAB once upon a time and the Pioneer wouldn't work with the Blaupunkt antenna. Thankfully the Alpine does work with the Blaupunkt which gives you options.

I have used the glass mount Blaupunkt antenna successfully both with the Alpine and the Blaupunkt unit (that's a mast stuck to the outside of the glass and a box stuck to the inside to pick the signal up and take it to the unit) and also the roof mount.

In the Mini (on the advice of someone, probably Mikey) I have the Blaupunkt roof aerial mounted behind the rear bumper shell so it's not visible. I actually can't comment how well it works as I didn't finish the installation before the car left for NZ and there is no DAB here that I have found with my house radio (though there is supposed to be so maybe I should try in Wellington), but I fitted the aerial when I was fitting the Aero kit and the bumper was off.

Edited to add try Blaupunkt car audio if you struggle to find a supplier for the antenna.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts