MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can you tell me if I have got this correct please….. as I am not sure if the In

Firstly my car is a MINI with Sat Nav ( 2003 model) with Harmon Kardon; 6 CD Auto changer; Head unit is a minidisc which does not support ID3 tags.

So…..

1) If I want to add just iPod then I need :
Intravee plus KCA-420i

2) If I want to add Ipod and also have 6 CD auto-changer then I need
Intravee plus KCA-420i plus KCA-410c plus CHA S614/S624/S634

3) If I want to add Ipod and also have 6 CD auto-changer plus DAB then I need
Intravee plus KCA-420i plus KCA-410c plus CHA S614/S624/S634 plus TUA-T100

Finally, with the Intravee interface does information from the 6 CD auto-changer option and / or DAB module appear on the Sat Nav screen such as track name / DAB station ect ?

Finally how would you select between all the the different sources e.g., CD, Ipod, DAB, FM radio ? Would I need a new head unit ?

Thanks

Perm

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
FIgured I would post here...

Your layouts for 1, 2 and 3 sound correct but would hop over to the intravee web page and asked Richard or Simon directly to verify. They should know for sure. Number 1 is what I have.

As for DAB, I believe that it all shows up on the NAV screen and selection of the different systems is done via the NAV screen so a new radio is not needed.

The way the system basically works is that the intravee recieves the commands from the BUS and sends one to the Alpine unit. The unit then sends the display information that the intravee recieves and translates for the NAV. So, the radio is only used for getting the sound to the speakers.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info will check over on the Intravee site also.

Cheers

Perm

·
Registered
36 Posts
1) If I want to add just iPod then I need :
Intravee plus KCA-420i
Correct.
2) If I want to add Ipod and also have 6 CD auto-changer then I need
Intravee plus KCA-420i plus KCA-410c plus CHA S614/S624/S634
Correct, you could use a KCA-400c (4 AI-Net ports) instead of the KCA-410c (2 AI-Net ports + 2 Phono Aux ports). The CHA-S614 and CHA-S624 don't play MP3 CD's, the CHA-S634 does.
3) If I want to add Ipod and also have 6 CD auto-changer plus DAB then I need
Intravee plus KCA-420i plus KCA-410c plus CHA S614/S624/S634 plus TUA-T100
Correct. The TUA-T100DAB tuner is quite hard to find, there is a slightly 'mangled' one on e-bay now here. You will need some sort of aerial for the DAB tuner.
Finally, with the Intravee interface does information from the 6 CD auto-changer option and / or DAB module appear on the Sat Nav screen such as track name / DAB station ect ?
Yes, the CD Display cand show the File Name, Folder Name, ID3 info for Track, Album and Artist from an MP3 CD and also CDText info. The CHA-S634 is quite fussy though, you have to burn the CD in a particular way to get long file names and use ID3 V1 tags not V2 tags. The DAB tuner will display the Multiplex and station names and also DAB text that is transmitted by the radio station, this often contains the Artist and track name that's playing.

Finally how would you select between all the the different sources e.g., CD, Ipod, DAB, FM radio ? Would I need a new head unit ?
The Intravee replaces the stock CD Changer input, you select between CD, FM, AM etc. using the 'Mode' button, you select the various sources attached to the Intravee from the Intravee source menu on the Nav screen. You don't need a new head unit.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard,
Many thanks for the information.

Will be placing an order soon. Just wish I could get TUA-T100DAB in good working condition for around £100.00.

The one on E-bay looks a bit abused to me.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Perm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Richard,
Many thanks for the information.

Will be placing an order soon. Just wish I could get TUA-T100DAB in good working condition for around £100.00.

The one on E-bay looks a bit abused to me.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Perm
Good luck with that. Bought one recently on eBay for just over £300; think that is the going price for a good working order one.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck with that. Bought one recently on eBay for just over £300; think that is the going price for a good working order one.
Are you happy with it ? A few questions

1) Does it provide good DAB reception and service.
2) How does the aerial connect ?
3) Does it integrate well with the Intravee and Ipod ?
4) How do you store your favourite DAB channels and access them quickly ?

Cheers

Perm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you happy with it ? A few questions

1) Does it provide good DAB reception and service.
2) How does the aerial connect ?
3) Does it integrate well with the Intravee and Ipod ?
4) How do you store your favourite DAB channels and access them quickly ?

Cheers

Perm
Yes very happy with it. Answers follow:

1. Reasonable reception. I first tried Blaupunkt external aerial fited within the rear bumber but this didnt work so well. Then tried Blaupunkt internal with powered amplifier fitted to the rear drivers side window - this works much better.

2. I stuck it to the rear side window (drivers side).

3. Yes it integrates very well. You can switch between the ipod and DAB via the "Source" selction - very easy to do.

4. You can set upto 4 pre-stored stations. Basically its like a normal radio, tune to the station and long press select and its saved.

One of the benefits for me is that i can listen to the radio and have TMC activated all the time (previously i could only do this when listening to either Classic or the ipod.

·
Registered
36 Posts
4. You can set upto 4 pre-stored stations. Basically its like a normal radio, tune to the station and long press select and its saved.
Although 4 stations is not a lot of presets, the best way to use them is to assign your favourite station from each multiplex you can receive (BBC, Digital1, etc.). You can very quickly cycle through the rest of the stations on the multiplex but finding the multiplex without having a station preset stored for it can be pretty tedious.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I paid over £350 for mine. Reception was superb and I didn't ever use FM for anything other than traffic info and TMC. I really miss having the track info on the screen not having DAB here in NZ.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts