MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.

I'm new to the forum, been riding motorcycles for a few years and Feb just gone fell off and smashed myself up really nicely. I am buying a 04/05 Mini Cooper S, I'll be buying it in December. It'd be great to meet up with some of you Brisbane blokes for drives and stuff.

If anyone knows an Australian company for Mini Performance please let me know. Right now it looks like I'll be spending money at www.piloracing.com

Cheers,

Steve.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it'll be good fun. I want to go a little silly with the suspension and other stuff but with my shopping/wish list it's going to cost.

- 15% pulley
- Sway bars
- Strut braces
- Big Brake Conversion
- Short throw shifter
- Exhaust
- Intake
- ECU

But that's just what I want not what I got and there's money tween stock and rock.

Hi BTW

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Petrol Spice said:
Hello to all.

I'm new to the forum, been riding motorcycles for a few years and Feb just gone fell off and smashed myself up really nicely. I am buying a 04/05 Mini Cooper S, I'll be buying it in December. It'd be great to meet up with some of you Brisbane blokes for drives and stuff.

If anyone knows an Australian company for Mini Performance please let me know. Right now it looks like I'll be spending money at www.piloracing.com

Cheers,

Steve.
OH No not antoher Steve :eek: :eek: :eek:
Isn't one enough :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

Hi Steve welcome to Mini2
check out clubmini as well thats the qld mini club

Cheers Brett

P.S I hope your jokes are better than the other Steve (SWAMOS) :D :D :D :D

·
2,468 Posts
Petrol Spice said:
As a comedian I make an excellent door stop. :rolleyes:
So what do you do for a living??
what Mini Specs are you getting

Sounds like it is on the same boat as mine. My Mini is arriving in Dec but I'm having it held for a week or so at the dock so I get it 05 complianced so when it's resale time I can sell it as an 05 :)

BRG White roof Cooper S Chilli

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a IT guy.

The car:
MCS British Racing Green with a White roof - but I only signed the lease today so I have the weekend to change my mind on the colour. I might go the black roof.

As I'm getting it:

AM Wheels there's some BBS wheels I'm keen on.
Black interior
Leather seats

The paper work says it's got traction control I don't know if it's optioned or not, but it's in the order.

When I get it home.

15% pulley from www.piloracing.com

It's pretty much a stock MCS no sunroof. The suspension I want to 'do up' so I'll play with it when it shows up.

Bushes/springs/struts/strut braces/sway bars.

after some research I'll upgrade the brakes, if it's worth it. I want it to turn and stop really well straight up. I'll look at HP later down the track. Dads car is Dads toys, know what I mean..

I have a novated lease through work so it's packaged. I don't want to do much motor wise till it's off lease and out of warrenty. Once I'm paying for it, I start playing with it.

·
2,468 Posts
Petrol Spice said:
I'm a IT guy.

The car:
MCS British Racing Green with a White roof - but I only signed the lease today so I have the weekend to change my mind on the colour. I might go the black roof.

As I'm getting it:

AM Wheels there's some BBS wheels I'm keen on.
Black interior
Leather seats

The paper work says it's got traction control I don't know if it's optioned or not, but it's in the order.

When I get it home.

15% pulley from www.piloracing.com

It's pretty much a stock MCS no sunroof. The suspension I want to 'do up' so I'll play with it when it shows up.

Bushes/springs/struts/strut braces/sway bars.

after some research I'll upgrade the brakes, if it's worth it. I want it to turn and stop really well straight up. I'll look at HP later down the track. Dads car is Dads toys, know what I mean..

I have a novated lease through work so it's packaged. I don't want to do much motor wise till it's off lease and out of warrenty. Once I'm paying for it, I start playing with it.
BRG the best colour Black roof does look great but it is hot in summer. White is the tradional Mini Colour

·
2,468 Posts
Petrol Spice said:
Yep, BRG + White lid.

I hope to 'rally' theme it. but don't know.
sounds good
I usually Englishfy it ie chrome GB on back union jack badges below I just stop shy of the roof decal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking of a little Aussie flag and "my name" on the back windows - WRC styles but I'm not sure. I might photoshop it and see what I think.

BTW I can airbrush so if you want anything brushed let me know.

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the boards :D

You sound pretty serious about the mods :cool:

Cheers

Robbo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts