MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Invidia Exhaust for my MINI cooper S from ebay or you can write email directly to [email protected]. The exhaust came very well packed and the welding is top of the line! You can use this exhaust as an art piece on you wall as well! Top quality materials and superb craftsmanship..that's all I can say!

I have been looking around for 4 months. Some exhaust you can see the mufflers hang under the car real low...I can't stand that :p. They claim 10HP gains.. :D .Top of my list is Skunk2 and Invidia which are pretty close, but Invidia has a unique Titanium Tips which I think they are cool! I will try to get them on my car ASAP and will also post some sound clips as well.

·
Having Too Much Fun
28 Posts
I'm looking forward to hearing about your installation experience and sound clips. Please try and give an indication of the sound in the cabin. I think that talking in a normal tone (to yourself :) ) while recording the sound in the cabin would give a much better indicator. Just a thought.

Have fun!

·
265 Posts
My Pocket Rocket said:
I just bought a new Invidia Exhaust for my MINI cooper S from ebay or you can write email directly to [email protected]. The exhaust came very well packed and the welding is top of the line! You can use this exhaust as an art piece on you wall as well! Top quality materials and superb craftsmanship..that's all I can say!

I have been looking around for 4 months. Some exhaust you can see the mufflers hang under the car real low...I can't stand that :p. They claim 10HP gains.. :D .Top of my list is Skunk2 and Invidia which are pretty close, but Invidia has a unique Titanium Tips which I think they are cool! I will try to get them on my car ASAP and will also post some sound clips as well.
Wow, that systems looks really sweet ;) Do you mind telling us what they cost. BTW, those ASA on your ride looks neat. Can't seem to source those same wheels here in Sydney :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
something I didn't mention on the other forum is that you should remove that sticker since it would fall off anyway.
keep it some place safe ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazing...the look...the sound...and the power!!!

First, this exhaust has the old hanger for 03 down...sorry for wrong information. I did not aware of that from the first place. I need to contact the seller to see what he could do, but I might take the car exhaust place to get it fixed some how because I'm so in love with this exhaust! I did a temporary fix with zip-tie, but actually the exhaust can be installed without using the inside hangers at all.

Everything fits perfect! All the hardwares needed are included. The quality is top of the top! The look from behind is a killer! with the muffler shoot in an angle both side..looks really aggressive.

Sound!...I will post sound clips later..hopefully today (need to find a good spot to make some noise). The sound is deep and low :thumbsup: Highway sound is almost silence...unless you step on gas and you know that power is coming! :thumbsup:

Power!...I don't have Dyno to prove and may not have it until I get the pulley installed, but from what I have BMP CAI and everything stock...the car has better low-end respond and much more top-end...right after 3000RPM the car pulled quickly to redline. :thumbsup:

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
Question:

Is this exhaust a lot "lighter" than stock ? Is the sound annoying or "noisy" compared to stock ?

Most of us are NOT 20 anymore and I hate those "coffee can" noisy exhaust mods all the ricers do ... Makes their car sound like it has a rusted out muffler !!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry old guys you need to be driving Ferrari or Porsche by now....Still haven't save enough money..so MINI is your way out? Ha..ha...I'm not that young and not that old. I have been searching for a long time and this system is the one I really like espacially sound is the best I ever heard...plus the look...I hate those look like 2 nut sacks hanging in the rear.

I guess you prefer stock pipes more like a coke can than a coffe cup?...and stock NISSAN Z and G35 pipes are much more bigger, so I think they are more riceer than my MINI.
The sound of it is not much more than stock and it's pretty lower and deeper than most of the stuff on the market right now.

Don't worry about out off fashion, I will be using a diffrent exhaust by then!..ha :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
It looks pretty good and from the soundclips it sounds awesome. Are there any plans to upgrade the hangers on the exhaust to fit 2005-2004 model year minis?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to the muffler shop and paid $20 for welding 2 new hangers..now it's perfect! :D with all 4 hangers in-place the sound is solid deep tone! very happy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
japanese parts are far more superior than anything else in the world..... THUMPS UP ! great choice ......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts