MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I'm looking at getting a new or nearly new MCS and was wondering what success if any there has been with getting an iphone connected and by using which options?

I had a car for a 24 hour test drive with basic blutooth I managed to get the phone working through it but not the iPhone through the USB. The car didn't have the iPod interface. Would I need that as well?

Found this on mottoringfile.com:

MINI Adds Smartphone Connection for ‘09
Sections: R55, R56, R57 May 6th, 2008

MINI will be launching a new connection aimed directly at the iPhone and other smartphones for 2009. The option (code named 6NF) will be available on September ‘08 builds. It will connect a smartphone using the phone’s digital USB port for the connection, instead of an analog connection like that MINI currently offers with the 6NE Comfort Bluetooth. This provides quicker response time and offers clearer sound when playing MP3s.

Of course one thing to keep in mind is the armrest is mandatory for this option due to the connection (which as you guessed it is in the armrest). You’ll also need to purchase a separate snap-in adapter from MINI for your specific phone. And yes we are told MINI is planning to expand supported phones for 2009 - the iPhone obviously being one of them.

@ndy

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Hi there

I'm looking at getting a new or nearly new MCS and was wondering what success if any there has been with getting an iphone connected and by using which options?

I had a car for a 24 hour test drive with basic blutooth I managed to get the phone working through it but not the iPhone through the USB. The car didn't have the iPod interface. Would I need that as well?

Found this on mottoringfile.com:

MINI Adds Smartphone Connection for ‘09
Sections: R55, R56, R57 May 6th, 2008

MINI will be launching a new connection aimed directly at the iPhone and other smartphones for 2009. The option (code named 6NF) will be available on September ‘08 builds. It will connect a smartphone using the phone’s digital USB port for the connection, instead of an analog connection like that MINI currently offers with the 6NE Comfort Bluetooth. This provides quicker response time and offers clearer sound when playing MP3s.

Of course one thing to keep in mind is the armrest is mandatory for this option due to the connection (which as you guessed it is in the armrest). You’ll also need to purchase a separate snap-in adapter from MINI for your specific phone. And yes we are told MINI is planning to expand supported phones for 2009 - the iPhone obviously being one of them.

@ndy
I have an iPhone 3G and works well with the USB you just have to say no to turning flight mode on when you plug it in. I wonder if the above will be able to be retro fitted???? Would love to use the digital out on the iPod.

WD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you just have the basic Bluetooth with USB or do you have the iPod interface as well?

·
Cooper S Love
57 Posts
I have the iPod interface which I use my iPhone with. When I plug it in, it asks do I want to go to airplane mode which I never do and after that I have access thru the MINI stereo system. I'd love to be able to accept calls by pressing the phone button on the console but let's hope that's to come. If I get a call the ringtone sound comes thru the cars speakers and then I just answer it by picking up the handset. I'd imagine if I put it on speakerphone it would give lots of feedback on the other end.

Oh and it won't charge the iphone.

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
So do you just have the basic Bluetooth with USB or do you have the iPod interface as well?
I only have the Basic Bluetooth / USB

I'll plug it in tonight make a call whilst listening to some music It should work. BTW it also charges my iPhone ...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts