MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

whats the best interface that works with the iPhone

• AUX - what i like about this is that when somebody calls you it will switch from music to call, will the others do this??
  • MINI iPod interface
  • ICELink
  • USB2 interface
  • any others

The stereo is the standard GP stereo.

Thanks in advance

fabio

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Curious myself on this one. I have the Parrot EVO that Mikey sells and it works for basic connection but no address book or voice dialing. Would be nice to see what else he has. :)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
OK - Boost radio & iphone 3g
If you want MFSW control; gateway 300 for music usage & maybe wait for the delayed bluetooth adaptor for it from dension.
Or gateway 300 for music & then for bluetooth a parrot evo or 3100 linked to the mfsw
As Daflake says the evo works (its what I use with my iphone) BUT the iphone doesnt support voice dialing & you cant 'push' your contacts to the kit to do voice dial that way.
The 3100 however will grab the contacts & you can then browse them in its screen & record your own voice tags.

HOWEVER; there are 3 new kits from parrot, 9000, 9100, 9200
These all are bluetooth (all will grab your phone book from the iphone) they also all have USB & ipod connectors (with 5 volt charging) so using the wireless controller you can control your ipod & bluetooth functions. Note volume is also done from the controller not the stereo.
The 9000 features no screen, spoken phonebook browsing, and basic ipod control (track up down, play & pause.
The 9100 has a blue OEL screen & adds visual phonebook & ipod browsing & titles
The 9200 has a colour screen & adds a SD card slot.
These all have a digital amplifier.
MFSW adaptors are being developed - est Jan 2009

Another option is to change the stereo to say a kenwood 8141 with bluetooth & ipod faciliteies built in

Any questions, fire away

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mikey

i think they are abit overkill for me, i'm really just interested in been able to play music through the iphone,using the MFSW to control music and been able to charge the phone, the phone part doesnt interest me as much. Also want to keep the cost as low as possible.

Will the gateway 300 do the job so....?

main factors are
  • MFSW control
  • be able to Charge iPhone
  • Not too expensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts