MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked up a new R56 MCS last Monday but I've been having some trouble with the iPod connection. I've got the official BMW cable and an old-style iPhone (i.e. not a new 3G one, which I know has some issues). Basically, when I plugged in the phone last week I started off getting a message along the lines of "This accessory is not compatible..." - which I think from past posts is pretty standard - but everything appeared to work correctly. However for the last four days or so, that message hasn't been showing up and the iPhone doesn't appear at all under the Aux menu.

I've done the obvious things - plug in a USB key to check that the USB socket is working and try with another iPod to check it's not the cable and as far as I can tell it seems to be that the iPhone is just not recognising it as an accessory. But it will happily charge when plugged in - anyone have any thoughts?

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
First turn off your iPhone and try again. If you have already done this then try a hard reset, which consists of holding down the sleep button and the centre button until it restarts. Then before plugging it in open the iPod application and select and play a song and then try plugging it in and see what happens. The reason it came up with a compatibility issue before was, due to you pluggin it in to a media device, interference could be caused between the phone's signals i.e. phone calls, and the music playing and you would get the interference stutter. The message displayed asks whether you would like to activate plane mode, personally I wouldn't say it was necesary. Hope this helps.
Troy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Troy - I've tried turning it off and on and I'll try a hard reset tonight (got to update the firmware anyway, so I may as well try a couple of combinations of restarting/resetting/upgrading as I'm going along).

Well, all that is assuming that I get the car back from Elms - it's already back in to get a few annoying rattles from the speaker grills fixed... C'est la vie.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Careful with firmware updating, can sometimes cause compatibility issues! I'm on 1.1.4 and it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts