MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone advise - just ugraded from iphone 6s plus to the x. The 6s charged and connected via in car usb point with my mini boost system. But the x will only connect via bluetooth thus meaning I can’t charge and listen to music. Does anyone else have any experience of this and know a cure or why it isn’t working? Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The USB should continue to charge your phone as before and bluetooth should work while you are charging. So one question at a time, does your phone charge when connected to the USB? Does bluetooth play music when the phone isn't connected to a charger? Have you gone to sounds in settings and told it your iphone is one of the sources?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had the exact same problem as of two days ago. I’ve had the car since January and it’s worked fine with my iPhone 8 till now. it won’t charge the phone at all and I can’t play music through the car but my Bluetooth is all fine

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I’ve had the exact same problem as of two days ago. I’ve had the car since January and it’s worked fine with my iPhone 8 till now. it won’t charge the phone at all and I can’t play music through the car but my Bluetooth is all fine
It is not impossible for a Mini to "lose" some on board information. Go to sources in the sounds section and check it still has your iphone defined as an external source (i.e. USB connection) as well as a bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to everyone for their responses. Do you know what sorted it out, which I found digging round on the internet and I work in IT, so should have tried it. Yes folks, switching the iPhone off and on again cured it for some reason. It now works perfectly. I never usually turn my phone off, so who knew the classic IT response does actually work on some occasions. Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be careful though using the default USB slot to charge - my previous phone (on my previous R56 mini jcw) would never charge properly ... to the point where it said 20% battery but it would turn off so it causes it not to be calibrated properly. It could be because the phone was old but I think it's also because the built-in USBs are suited more for data transfer than charging? Please do correct me if I'm wrong. I only bought a 2015 Cooper D yesterday with mini connected and I'm using a cigarette adaptor to charge my phone. Wish I had wireless charging as my X supports it but that's restricted to countryman...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts