MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
this is my first post, i could do with a bit of advice if anyone can help?
just got my brand spanking new cooper d which i ordered with the ipod connection. i have connected the ipod with my usb lead (same as i use to connect it to laptop) and the car will play some songs from the ipod randomly but won't bring any of the song names on the screen (i have sat nav and MFSW and want to use these all together to play my music) the car recognises the ipod as it shows its name on the screen but when you try to get track listings etc it just shows random combinations of letters. the dealership weren't very knowledgeable and it's been suggested that i might need a different lead to connect the ipod at extra cost - sure ly this can't be right when i've paid for the ipod connection as a factory option ?
does anyone else have factory fit ipod connection in a 2nd gen MINI and can you help please ? i've really been looking forward to using my ipod in the car (even paid for the speaker upgrade so it sounds better) and i'm a bit gutted that i can't use it :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? wow, you think they'd tell you that !! do you know roughly what this costs and have you used it ? is it any good ? thanks

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I had it in my Cooper D and now in my Cooper S :)

It cost me £320 fitted, but the price seems to vary from dealer to dealer.

I use my iPod Touch with it, all the tracks etc come up on my satnav screen and I can flick through them with the MFSW :)

With the standard iPod connection, or USB, I believe you have to change things via the iPod rather than on the MFSW, not sure how it comes up on a nav screen from that though as ive not been in a car without the Interface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help with this, I've managed to sort it by buying a BMW/MINI ipod lead which plugs into the USB/aux socket, it plays perfectly now with all songs on the nav screen and works with the MFSW too ! I'm such a happy bunny now :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts