MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time poster here. I have a 2008 R56. When I bought the car, it came with an ipod connection in the secret compartment. I have connected my classic ipod to it, and selected CDC on the stereo, however, it reads 'no magazine'.

From what I understand, the ipod connection (it looks like the official BMW one) connects the same way as the CD changer would. If nothing was connected, would I still get the option to select CDC?

Trying to figure out whether the connector is un-plugged, the stereo needs re-coding, or the ipod isn't compatible.

Thanks.for any help!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hi,

On mine, it requires a cable and the USB connection is below the switches to control windows/fogs lights .

Haven't used it in a long time, but if I remember correctly you'll need to select "AUX Audio".

You can also stick in a USB stick and play music from it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

On mine, it requires a cable and the USB connection is below the switches to control windows/fogs lights .

Haven't used it in a long time, but if I remember correctly you'll need to select "AUX Audio".

You can also stick in a USB stick and play music from it.

Thanks for the reply, l forgot to mention that mine only has the Aux port, no usb, which is why I assume the adapter was installed to the CDC!

·
My other car is a Mini
66 Posts
The early R56s do not recognise Iphones as an ipod, hence cannot bluetooth music from your phone, but they will take phone calls via bluetooth. Anything bigger than an Ipod Nanno and they do not work either, with the cable in the secret compartment or glovebox. The Aux Audio socket is hidden beneath the switches and you'll need a double-ended 3.5mm jack to connect.
The Ipod is recognized as a CD, so use the CD function to choose CD1, CD2, CD3 etc depending whether you want a list of songs, Albums, genres, artists etc

Hope this makes sense?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have one of the cables installed and this is the first time Ive seen anybody mention it. What is it connected to as I wish to remove mine? Dont have an ipod and it takes up most of the space in the hidden glovebox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts