MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My mum and dad are currently abroad in Bahrain where the electronic goods are cheap :D and its got me thinking about an Ipod. I only want an Ipod for use in my car but I'm unclear on how I would connect the Ipod up what cables I would need. Would I be able to browse through my Ipod files using my cd player or my MFSW or would I need to use the Ipod itself to Play, stop and search. I would ideally like to hide the Ipod in the storage tray under the steering wheel or something. As you can see I don't know anything about this :confused: so any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Badboyz

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
badboyzbadboyz said:
Hi,

My mum and dad are currently abroad in Bahrain where the electronic goods are cheap :D and its got me thinking about an Ipod. I only want an Ipod for use in my car but I'm unclear on how I would connect the Ipod up what cables I would need. Would I be able to browse through my Ipod files using my cd player or my MFSW or would I need to use the Ipod itself to Play, stop and search. I would ideally like to hide the Ipod in the storage tray under the steering wheel or something. As you can see I don't know anything about this :confused: so any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Badboyz
Well I know that BMW do an official iPod connection for about 30 quid or summat. Don't know where it goes or anything and not sure if the MFSW will work with it (I think it might actually, but don't hold me to it) but there was a thread on here by someone who linked it all up and everything and took apart the bit behind the stereo and got his iPod to play.

That doesn't help whatsoever, but I'm also looking about getting an iPod for Crimbo so I can play all my MP3s without having to write loads of CDs and get a CD changer. Thats why I asked BMW about the iPod connection.

Sorry! :rolleyes:

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
badboyzbadboyz said:
Hi,

Thanks

Badboyz

Its called an Icelink made by dension icelink.densionusa.com .
It works similar to the BMW one but you can play all your playlists through this one.
and similarly to the BMW one, you can control the ipod through your MFSW but is limited to foward, reverse and volume. if you wanted to change playlists you'll have to manually do it on the ipod so dont plan on having the connector in your trunk or whatever. Of course, if you only have 1 playlist that you want while driving, then you can put it where ever you like.
Take a look at the site, it'll explain everything you need to know.

-Jay

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. I should have mentioned that my cd player isn't the standard BMW one, its an aftermarket panasonic system. Does this mean icelink is no use for me ?
Ideally I just want a cable to connect the Ipod to id assume the Aux on my cd player and then a cigerette lighter adapter for the ipod for the power. I'm not bothered about getting a cradle to hold the Ipod though as I would like to hide the Ipod somewhere in the car so its out of sight. Is there anywhere that sells these kind of cables :confused:

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts