MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2005 mcs works and would love to play my ipod in the car (have harmon kardon).
First let me say I have a griffin itrip which I use but dont really like. Thing is I am not technically minded and could not fit anything complicated, nor do I understand all the technical stuff (blonde moment)
Could anyone let me know what simple cheaper options I have than going to BMW for a £350 ipod socket install?
Please remember I am not at all technical, have read these threads but dont understand the jargon on most of them.:confused:

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Yep, talk to Mikey and he will sort your issues out. The kits that he has are direct connections rather than the FM tuner that you have and will sound MUCH better.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Hi - some solutions for you

1. aux in NewMINIStuff.com
The 3rd one in the list. One end will plug in to the back of your stereo & the other into the headphone socket on your ipod. A new option will appear on your stereo
TUNER, CD, AUX. Select aux & then listen to your ipod. You use the buttons on the ipod to select songs & adjust the volume using the stereo or steering wheel buttons.
This product doesnt charge the ipod.
Will take you 30 mins to fit
£34 + vat

2. Icelink lite NewMINIStuff.com
The 1st one in the list. This comes with a cradle for your ipod. Drop the ipod into the cradle & it will charge & play through your stereo. Again you use the buttons on the ipod to select songs.
Will take you 40 mins to fit. We offer some nice no holes brackets so you can mount the cradle without drilling the dash
£85 + vat

3. Gateway 100 NewMINIStuff.com
The 8th one in the list. This plugs into your stereo & the other end of the wire can be run into the back of the glove box to plug into your ipod. The ipod is kept out of site in the glove box. It charges. From the stereo/steering wheel buttons you can select tracks, browse playlists, artistd etc with the names/titles all appearing on your existing stereo display. Will take you 30 mins to fit
£90 +vat

We can also fit these for you £30 + vat

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks, I feel a trip up north coming on!!
Will have to decide which one to get and then get back to you, thanks all for your help.
I would never be able to fit them myself I dont think but I didnt realise there were so many options out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts