MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 cooper and want to know if I can fit the i pod interface from the dealer to my boost stereo. Are there any aftermarket cables I could use which might be cheaper than dealer prices.
Finally what should I expect to pay dealer prices/aftermarket.

Thanks in advance, Ag.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
A 2002 boost doesnt have aux in, but you can put an interface onto the cd changer socket to give aux in - this is just a basic audio connection - no control - NewMINIStuff.com
OR the gateway 100 - NewMINIStuff.com
This has 2 modes - ipod mode it allows you to use the ipod buttons to select your music, gateway mode - you control the ipod from the stereo. This is better than the genuine Mini adaptor & if you ever buy a 2005 on boost cd then you will also get titles on the stereo :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks mikey. I found that Halfords seem to fit the same kit for £80 fitted
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...169_crumb_31265-98204_parentcategoryrn_107169

but I would have to buy the bluetooth adapter. Any Idea where I could get this from ?

A friend has a nifty little plug in for his touch which picks up the ipod signal on am fm frequency. Haven't heard it in action yet but am going to try it out next week as he says its great. They cost about the same as the cable but would save having to plug n play. Does anyone use one.
I take it that hard wire is always best ?

Found this it plugs into the cigarette lighter though

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=223396

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to buy the harmon kardon

harman/kardon

just now as the gateway 100 is due to be upgraded to have voice command which is due for release next spring. The harmon kardon will do in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Thanks mikey. I found that Halfords seem to fit the same kit for £80 fitted
Dension Ice-Link FM iPod Car Connector from Halfords Price £79.99 Free Store Fitting

but I would have to buy the bluetooth adapter. Any Idea where I could get this from ?

A friend has a nifty little plug in for his touch which picks up the ipod signal on am fm frequency. Haven't heard it in action yet but am going to try it out next week as he says its great. They cost about the same as the cable but would save having to plug n play. Does anyone use one.
I take it that hard wire is always best ?

Found this it plugs into the cigarette lighter though

iPod Groove Traveller FM Car Kit Black > Maplin
The thing in your link to halfords is not the same, that is an icelink fm, it plays through your stereo via an fm modulator - not as good as a direct connection - if you want one of them we have them ;)

Its not the gateway 100 thats changing its the bluetooth module - a new version is being developed :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now have the Harmon Kardon plug + play and want to know how to pull out my boost stereo
and hard wire the plug + play instead of using the 12v cigarette power plug.
There is also a wiring option to connect a phone.

Has anyone fitted the plug and play feel ? free to post some advice. I would quite like to fit it myself but may have to use an auto electrician.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts