MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mikey, I was hoping you could help with this one.

I am looking to add Ipod connectivity to my 06 MCS, but was wanting ideally for the ipod to be hidden away somewhere. My first thought was the glovebox, but my car has climate control, and has decided it would be a good idea to turn my glovebox into the artic circle!

I'm not sure having the Ipod in there would do it the best of good, am I right in thinking the only real option is to go down the Armrest route?

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
I have mine in the glove box and you can close the little vent if it is too cold in there.
Works fine with no problems.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mine in the glove box and you can close the little vent if it is too cold in there.
Works fine with no problems.
Really?

How do you close the vent?

Mine has some strange black sticky out bit?

Also what did you do about getting the cable into the glovebox, just drill a hole?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Yup, I fitted the Dension kit (plug and play) to mine a few weekends ago - purchased from NewMINIStuff.com.

There's a small black cover in the back right of the glovebox I popped off and ran the cables through.

The stereo is easier to remove in the 06 too, just open the glovebox, and unscrew the two screws in the downtube, then pop off the drivers side knee bolster and do the same. The downtubes then drop down and out the way, exposing the stereo retaining screws :)

I have some pics at home, will upload later if I remember! :p

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I don't think itll get cold enough to damage your ipod, think how cold it gets in your car when its snowing etc it must get below freezing then which I doubt the air con can do lol

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
The temperature operating range of an ipod nano is 0-35 deg. C. I expect other models are similar and I doubt that your glove box will go below this range.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Left mine out too.... the hole is fairly small, and its up in the glovebox so you only see it when the lids open ;)

Plus is dark back there in the cars firewall, so you can't see anything :p

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I put mine in the glove box and drilled a hole in the plastic insert to run the cable through.

12072008168.jpg

I put the Gateway 100 underneath the glove box and stuck it with double sided tape.

12072008173.jpg

hope this helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts