MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post so please forgive me if I am being REALLY thick!

Just collected my S Works on Saturday on an 07 plate. I have got the factory fit sat nav and ipod connection. When I plug my ipod in (2nd gen nano or latest touch), it just sits at the screen on the ipod with the Mini logo on saying "OK to disconnect" and stays on pause. I go to the Aux In setup on the car inbuilt screen, but no sound, and no tracks displayed on the screen. How do it get it to even play, and also show tracks on screen?

Step by step function would be great!!! Thnx

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Is it just the Aux In socket you have, or do you have the Ipod Interface in the top glovebox?

If you have the interface, you will need to go into 'CD' on the nav screen :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thnx for the replies, I have got it working now! woohoo! As soon as I took the cd out, it all appeared on the screen. Will it only work if there is no cd in the drive then? What if you have six cd's loaded, would you have to take them all out?

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Ahh ok, didnt realise that!

You've taught me something and ive taught you something :p

I guess its because (generally) your not going to be using the CD changer if your using an iPod, so theres no need to have both able to work at the same time :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kind of makes sense, but will double check tomorrow and post the results up here tomorrow. Thanks for all your help, as I was beginning to tear out what little hair I have left!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hiya

Did you spec the CD Changer & the Ipod Connection and the Garage actually sell it to you??

The Ipod uses the same connector as the CD Changer and so they won't work together.

I actually thought they disconnected the CD Changer when they put the Ipod Link in - as they did this when I had Ipod link fitted on my R53 MCS and thought it was same with R56 !

Stu :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts