MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
runningmini
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an ipod mini 4 my mini!!

what is the best head unit to go with it!

need to know so i can order the rite ice link cable! correct?

shud i get a new one or stick with factory one?

(prefer to change i think)

also can i get a DAB radio at the same time?

any suggestions 4 me!

thks

nick

·
MINI2 lurker
613 Posts
Have a look at http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/help/ipodfriendly.html which details on how to hook the ipod up with some aftermarket stereos.

I am getting the alpine kca-420 unit as I have a compatible alpine HU, it seems the fullest integration system around at the moment, and is out quite soon. Plus the HU will have mediaExpander which I have always thought makes a nice difference. Also I can hide my ipod away.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Because for one thing, they are illegal in the UK, and of course they are only 'fm' quality.
Not that that stops me using mine of course in my fiesta.
However, when the mcs arrives, I will make an aux i/p kit and use that instead.

Texy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yep, Alpine which works with most 2004 HU's via AI (their CD Changer interface) or if you have factory HU and are happy with it? Mini have released the Ipod interface (according to my dealer!)

·
Registered
265 Posts
AussieMini said:
This is the cheapest and most effective way to set up your Ipod in your MINI. I followed this guy's instructions and it worked perfectly! I love it and it cost me about $12AUD (about $8US)

http://www.neeshil.com/nsite/miniaux.asp

Clear as a bell and fantastic!!!
Excellent link there AussieMini.
The photo's will make it nice and easy to make a cable - I didn't think of using a CD-ROM audio lead (or 2) !!
What I don't understand is why he used the yellow lead for the R/L- instead of the black lead, which is the shielding for the R+ & L+ leads. Might stop a bit of unwanted noise pickup.
Texy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.