MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Kavs motorsport 20% pulley reduction to do to my 05 r53 and im wondering if anyone else has tried this. I plan to combine this with my own water to air intercooler (different discussion) and my stage 3 snow system water method system. I feel these combined will solve the problem with excessive heat.

Another issue I hear is belt slippage which can be solved with several of the adjustable belt tensioners that are sold. Also I heard someone say once about a "sticky" belt which I would assume has better grip compared to oem and I'm wondering where I could buy one. My water pump is also new (gates).

My supercharger is freshly rebuilt with new stronger pto gears and 3 warranty and also I am not a race car driver so this won't see constant redline.

Will I need bigger injectors? 400cc? Tune?

Right now I have custom header to tips exhaust, ddm intake, Detroit tuned bpv, fluid damper, Msd coil with ngk iridium.

·
kyle7566
21 Posts
Did you have any luck with this I’m looking to do similar or atleast what needs changing as a necessity(20% pulley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts