MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if the kit is avaible as a factory fit as my cooper has been rejected i can re spec a new one

it should be cheeper as a factory option
as the cost of the cooper bumbers should come of the total price of the kit ????

and are clear lights a factory option yet ???

an s or a high spec cooper that is the question thats doing my head in !!!!!!! :D

new cooper spec

all silver (i think not sure just yet)
aerodynamic pack
17 s-spoke
chili
asc+t
air con (mabey auto)
sunroof
child iso fixings
heated mirrors/jets
cd

red seats / trim has any one seen this combo in a silver car and does it look anygood

I know this cooper will cost more then a basic s but my insurence will go from £900 to £1800 and once i kit an s out it will end up costing about £16500 witxh is way to much

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think it is available & has been since the March 1st , think it costs between £900-£1300 :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know thats its avaible and the price for the parts are £910 but what im asking is is it can be fitted at the factory and at what cost as the £1300 you and others have quoted is for a retro fit at the dealers if the kit is a factory option it should be cheeper as the cost of the standard bumpers should come of the price of the kit and so should the fitting costs

like the 17 s-spokes over £1000 if orderd alone but only £375 with the chili pack also the cost of the cromeline ex could come of the price of the kit as well

or the mfsw only £160 with chili as leather wheel cost £80 included in the chilli pack so the £80 is taken of the total cost of £240

I think the kit if factory fitted should be around
£500 to £600

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
I'd say NO. Because I had the same thought as you on price etc so I did some ringing around. After abouts two weeks I finally got told yes I could have it put on at the factory. Two days later I got a phone call to say no I couldn't have it. I was also told that there were no plans for this to be factory fitted in the near future.

Hope this helps:D :D :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Neo mentioned in chat the other night it was available but it was £2000, so what the hell happened to the saving!!!!

The other thing I want to know is weather the 17" R90 Cross Spokes are ever going to be a factory option, as everyone seems to be getting the S Spokes now!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know its £910 +fitting at the dealers but all i want is a price fitted at factory as it should be cheeper as an option the out come of this post decides if i get a cooper s or a cooper with body kit as im not paying more for a cooper then an s

·
Registered
237 Posts
Anyone know if you can get the sideskirts only?

I like the standard front and back end of the mini with the chrome piece. I do however, think that the body colored lower skirt looks fantastic. The all black bottom outline really bothers me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am interested in the BMW bodykit for the Mini Cooper. However, I am from the US. Can I order the BMW bodykit from the UK? If so, what is their web site with the bodykit information?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Silver surfer, I was in the same boat as you but have since droped the idea of gettin the Aerodynamic kit it is only fitted at the dealers I have been told, but regardless of whether the kit is fitted at the factory or dealer it is the same price and there are no reductions. I will check but Im sure I was quoted £1170 fitted.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a final answer from mini uk today that the kit is dealer fit only and that is not gonna change for about 8 months then its only a maybe that it will be a factory fit option,depending on how the mini sells

as the mini is selling well at the moment thay want to keep the kit of the factory options so people have more choice when there are a lot more mini's on the road next year to make there mini stand out from the crowd

my minds made up

A mini cooper S for me

The other half says thats ok as well as long as I dont spend over £16500

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are the lower sideskirts available by themselves or do you have to order the whole aero package at one time? Buehler? Anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts