MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Helen Lucy Griffiths
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just wondered if anyone could clarify if the mini cooper d from 08 came with a auxilary and/or usb input as standard. I've just bought one and it has the input jacks on the car at the bottom of the centre console but I can't seem to get them to work.

I'm now wondering if may be they are present but do not function on my model (intentionally). It looks to be as if it has the chilli pack (16inch alloys, manual air conditioning present).

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
The aux input is standard on all of the R56 cars. The USB is an option and is part of the Bluetooth hence not stand alone. Have you tried selecting Aux on the headunit? It won't automatically switch to whatever you have plugged in.

·
Helen Lucy Griffiths
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There does not seem to be an aux option on the head unit, there is a usb option but this does not work even when an array of usb devices are tried, it is as if the stereo does not recognise a usb stick/devices/mp3 player has been inserted.

I've just booked it in at mini to be looked at but a £130 an hour I might cancel this and sort it out some other way.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Ring your local Mini dealership and get it booked in there, tell them the Aux on the headunit isn't recognizing any devices. It will be free under warranty. Under any circumstances DO NOT pay £130 an hour.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The aux input is standard on all of the R56 cars. The USB is an option and is part of the Bluetooth hence not stand alone. Have you tried selecting Aux on the headunit? It won't automatically switch to whatever you have plugged in.
Yes, it goes on this way...then control the volume, default is low or 0.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts