• Cooper (s/d) Clubman

Votes: 25 83.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been thinking - is it a cooper (s/d) clubman or a clubman cooper (s/d):puzzled:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Although it sounds better to say MINI Cooper Clubman, as you would most likely say, MINI Cooper Convertible, I believe the "correct' was is MINI Clubman Cooper, or MINI Convertible Cooper, as the MINI (Coupe) / Clubman / Convertible are the variants and the Cooper, Cooper S the model.

But either way, people get watch you mean.

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Surely it's MINI Cooper Clubman, like it's MINI Cooper Convertible and (technically) MINI Cooper Hatchback?

Brand, followed by model, followed by bodystyle?

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Also calls it a MINI hatch when I thought it was a coupe.

What IS the difference between those anyway?!
I always thought the distinction between hatch and coupe had to do with the boot and rear windscreen construction...

If the boot lifts up whilst the rear windscreen remains static, then it was a coupe.

If the boot includes the rear windscreen when it opens, that makes it a hatch.​

I'm not completely confident on that, but at least in everyday conversation that's how I've marked the distinction. :eek:

All the best,
Andrew.​

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
But when people ask what car do you drive to you reply; Mini cooper clubman or just say mini clubman and when they say whats that, you say it is the estate mini

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Brand, followed by model, followed by bodystyle?
That should've been brand, followed by model, followed by trim level, followed by bodystyle, as technically its MINI MINI Cooper etc...
So it would be Mondeo GL Estate equivalent. Although usually I thought companies did it the other way around, like Corolla Verso T-Spirit, as opposed to Corolla T-Spirit Verso.
The Corolla Verso is the model (now just plain Verso since the Auris replaced the Corolla) not the bodystyle, so it's Toyota Corolla Verso T-Spirit. There's no choice in bodystyle on that model, so the last bit isn't used.

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
I always thought the distinction between hatch and coupe had to do with the boot and rear windscreen construction...

If the boot lifts up whilst the rear windscreen remains static, then it was a coupe.

If the boot includes the rear windscreen when it opens, that makes it a hatch.[/INDENT]

I'm not completely confident on that, but at least in everyday conversation that's how I've marked the distinction. :eek:
There are a few exceptions (Ford Puma, original Vauxhall Tigra and Hyundai Coupé are all classed as coupés, despite actually being hatchbacks) but generally that's how they are distinguished.

·
DragonWagonFlyer ClubmanS
57 Posts
Mini Cooper Clubman!
It's a Cooper, with a different booty!:wink:

The reality is since there are only two body styles, we'll call em Coopers and Clubman.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts