MINI Cooper Forum banner

Is the MINI British, German, Germitish or Something Else?

• British

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • German

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Germitish

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Something Else

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say it's British. The proof...electrical problems, spotty workmanship, poor communications between factory and dealers, etc. If it were German, it wouldn't be causing so many headaches (I still want my potentially bothersome British "S" more than oxygen).

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Concept - Whatever country Issigonis came from (...wasn't it somewhere like Turkey???)
Engineering - German
Build Quality - British

Read into that what you will...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Build quality means it's brittish. Customer services means it's german. Handling means it's german too. Engine is brazilian so i just don't have a clue!!!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
German through & through............

German......

Build quality arguments no longer wash with me. If it was built in Germany, it would have been first released in Germany, and the Germans would be the ones with all the problems........

German design house.......manufactured in the UK.

Some would argue that it would have been better the other way around. But it's a bit late for debate on that subject.

If i'm honest, had it been designed and built by Rover I would not have considered the MINI in the first place. For sure it would not look as it does now.

It's a small BMW with a MINI badge, and it's existence has led me to places that I have never been before. I have said somewhere else here, that had the car been called a "Gromit" I still would have ordered one.

BMW MINI, made in England = German
BMW 3 series, made in South Africa = German

thanks for the opportunity to air one's views.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts