MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting them today for my R56 mini. You know the ones that replaces the sliver one you have to push for the CD holder and the one around your steering wheel. Also thinking of getting the interior mirror cover chequered too.
It says 30 minutes but I'm scared of scratching anything. Does it come with clear instructions? Can mini themselves fit it for free:D?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
They probably won't fit it. I'm not 100% sure, but they should fit the mirror for free.

I don't know, but someone may know whether its a sticker that goes over the piano black...

·
Banned
305 Posts
Do you mean the dash board check surface?

If so, then yes they are easy to fit . I did mine on the weekend.
They don't come with instructions,

The steering wheel dash section is a pull on pull off piece. You have to get your fingers around the edges of both ends and middle (not necessarilly at the same time. lol) and carefully pull off, but using some force! More of a wiggling pull thingy! ;)

The new section just pushes on. You will need to wriggle the section around your tacho clock, I found undoing the steering wheel lock mechanism helped. (a lever situated on the left side of the steering coloumn) Then pulling steering wheel down as far as it will go. Meanwhile feed the new section underside facing you and arch facing down, behind the tacho and then reverse the face by tilting towards you and assuming the section into its correct attitude!:aargh:.

Push the section into the three push fixings, one at each end and one in the middle. If you note the fixing positions well before hand, this helps! ;)It doesn't click into place but is more of a grip fixing.

The cd /secret compartment area that pushes open needs a little more technique.
You will see when you have opened the dash flap, that their are 2 screws on the underside, which fix the surface to the flap. There are also 3 integrel clip fasteners on the flaps out side edge. (I used an Allen key for the screws)
You need to be careful here! :aargh:I used a small screw driver to ease the clips slightly apart with gentle pressure! they don't unclip too much, but if you have a good look you will see what you need to do! the flap will then ease apart! (Maybe using a piece of plastic would be better!;)

To fit the new section, place the back end /top on its holding parts first then push outside /lower edge over your clips and hey presto! Fitted mine in about 2 seconds in front of my dealer, I think they want around £100 notes to fit! For a 5-10 minute job!:aargh::aargh:

Th rear view mirror is even easier. Wriggle that darn thing around your existing leaving the tape covering on!! (important) then when you like the fit pull the tape off and push edges around to affix . Woilla!!:D
Just take a little care and you will do it easy!:D:D Enjoy!! Heres some pics of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I love that checker trim :cool: I'd have it with red colourline for extra effect :D

The interior mirror is sooo easy to fit, I even took mine off the Dooper and re-taped and fitted it to the S when I got it :cool:

·
Banned
305 Posts
Oh yess.. red would be real coo:nice:l You should do it! It is so easy!I have kept my piano black dash to replace in a tick if I choose;)

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks to you Bluebabe. Sounds scary!!

·
Banned
305 Posts
Yeah i thought so to when i read another post about it. But it really is soooo easy!! :rolleyes:You got to do it;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you mean the dash board check surface?

If so, then yes they are easy to fit . I did mine on the weekend.
They don't come with instructions,

The steering wheel dash section is a pull on pull off piece. You have to get your fingers around the edges of both ends and middle (not necessarilly at the same time. lol) and carefully pull off, but using some force! More of a wiggling pull thingy! ;)

The new section just pushes on. You will need to wriggle the section around your tacho clock, I found undoing the steering wheel lock mechanism helped. (a lever situated on the left side of the steering coloumn) Then pulling steering wheel down as far as it will go. Meanwhile feed the new section underside facing you and arch facing down, behind the tacho and then reverse the face by tilting towards you and assuming the section into its correct attitude!:aargh:.

Push the section into the three push fixings, one at each end and one in the middle. If you note the fixing positions well before hand, this helps! ;)It doesn't click into place but is more of a grip fixing.

The cd /secret compartment area that pushes open needs a little more technique.
You will see when you have opened the dash flap, that their are 2 screws on the underside, which fix the surface to the flap. There are also 3 integrel clip fasteners on the flaps out side edge. (I used an Allen key for the screws)
You need to be careful here! :aargh:I used a small screw driver to ease the clips slightly apart with gentle pressure! they don't unclip too much, but if you have a good look you will see what you need to do! the flap will then ease apart! (Maybe using a piece of plastic would be better!;)

To fit the new section, place the back end /top on its holding parts first then push outside /lower edge over your clips and hey presto! Fitted mine in about 2 seconds in front of my dealer, I think they want around £100 notes to fit! For a 5-10 minute job!:aargh::aargh:

Th rear view mirror is even easier. Wriggle that darn thing around your existing leaving the tape covering on!! (important) then when you like the fit pull the tape off and push edges around to affix . Woilla!!:D
Just take a little care and you will do it easy!:D:D Enjoy!! Heres some pics of mine.
I have seen that chequered centre stack somewhere before too - where did that come from? I have been looking around trying to find it (always on the hunt for new things for the MINI) :D

·
Banned
305 Posts
I have seen that chequered centre stack somewhere before too - where did that come from? I have been looking around trying to find it (always on the hunt for new things for the MINI) :D
Hi 5ambo:D
Yes heres the link to aesteticcreations site
3D Domed Decals

Be warned when ordering, note that the production and delivery foot note states it takes some time for you to receive!:aargh: Took me around 2 .5 months to eventually get mine:aargh:
Although some of it was my fault I think!? I was pretty sure I indicated for auto air con instead of standard but after a month I received the standad:aargh: Had to return at my own cost and wait another 1.5 months for it to re-arrive:aargh:

But it is a quality product and looks and fits real well as you have seen;)
I think that there are only 2 people doing these mod bits within the company which is why it takes so long to produce and receive. I don't regret it though am well chuffed:D Goes well with the dash pieces:D

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
looking nice in the pictures..
thinkin of getting this aswell, as i have a chequered roof.
where could i get the interior from?
any links?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts