MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for my MCS (X-mas time). And I wanna JCW :)
BUT! This car is for my wife( maybe :).... I have a new car already, 2003 Mustang GT) I'll have to drive it sometimes( everytime? :) ) My wife sad: "If your JCW will make my MINI too loud INSIDE then youll go back to Diler and return this loud [email protected]#$t( she talking about JCW kit, not MCS :) ). So, anybody can tell me about noise level inside MCS w/JSW?????????
THKS

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
I JUST picked up my JCW yesterday after 3,500 miles stock. I do not think it's any louder, but then again, I cannot romp on it yet. ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
My 2005 MCS was actually louder before I had the JCW kit installed on it. I like the JCW exhaust's sound, but personally, I think the stock 2005 exhaust sounded a bit better.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
JCW roars on the outside, when it really gets going, but inside its a lot quieter than other performance systems, but I am not convinced about it being quieter than stock:confused: I hope it isn't anyway:)

·
Best Personal Regards
2,022 Posts
The JCW system actually has an extra resonator behind the CAT.
For the couple of events I ran mine at Mid Ohio, I fabricated a straight pipe that allowed me to remove the mufflers.
I was incredibly surprised with how low the noise is below 4500 RPM WITH a straight pipe.
You can actually drive it on the street!
"Stomping" on the JCW gives you a definite growl past 5500 RPM, other than that....not a prob.....

·
Car enthusiast
219 Posts
JCW is not very loud. I'm sure your wife (and you) won't complain after install the JCW kit ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does the JCW exhaust still pop & crackle on the over-run like the standard '05 MCS exhaust.....I'd hate to lose this (performance :p ) feature.

·
Registered
375 Posts
gr8britwjh said:
Does the JCW exhaust still pop & crackle on the over-run like the standard '05 MCS exhaust.....I'd hate to lose this (performance :p ) feature.
Yes it does, but not anywhere near as much as the stock 2005 exhaust does. That's the one thing that I didn't like about the JCW exhaust upgrade on my car (i.e. it killed off most of the cool burble sounds :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just to comment on TheOfficeMavens statement:

I was also afraid to loose the lovely crackle of the stock 05 exhaust. The JCW did change that sound, but IMHO did not lessen the crackle, its just a tad lower. More of a burble than the rather metallic crackle.

Still like the sound and can't wait for spring and open windows :D

BTW the supercharger is much more noticeable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well my 2005 MCS Works pops and crackles very noticeably, nothing subtle about it at all. Since picking it up last week we've now covered 700 miles and it's so much better than our previous standard MCS that it seems easily worth the money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THks everybody. :)

I think, i have to go to tolk with my dealer about price( don't have my MSC yet, X-mas time) and findout how much money it's gonna add to my monthly payment( I now it aproximetly, but i wanna be shure). I think $100 a month will be not a big deal, I'll spend it anyway for some s^#$%!. Let's MOTOR!!!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
drove the 2005 MCSC yesterday, must says it more noisey and poppy than the 2003 I own, so the JCW will be a hoot:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.