MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
It's BMW saying "Hey, we won't spend the money by making real leather standard in our ridiculously expensive cars but this stuff will fool most of our buyers into thinking it is". I'll take the space cloth at no charge, thank you :D

·
BMW Traitor
1,192 Posts
Leathertte seems to very high quality and even holds up better when compared to 03 leather option. Quite a bit of folks reported the leather falling apart fairly quickly. I actually like leatherette and think it's a good option. I got sick of cloth seats so what a nice way to get all that leather feeling without actually paying for it! lol Like all imitation, probably isn't as nice as real leather but does the job. Kinda like diet Coke to Coke.

·
Rep withdrawal sucks.....
1,086 Posts
May I make another recommendation? How about going with the half-leather option? I believe that is now available in North America.

Not only do you save some money, but the leather is where you want it, on the side bolsters and headrest, while the cloth portion is where your body will rest against, and as cloth 'breathes', that means better comfort for you. And by doing so, you won't really need to get the heated seat option at all, as the cloth portion will never get freezing cold, unlike leather and leatherette. Thus saving more money still.

Now, this means that the rear seats will be mainly cloth, but seriously - are you going to have people sit in the back all the time? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
milliethemini
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing