MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MINI2 Rebirth
149 Posts
Maybe a little too much. I've got a 54 plate MCS with 26k on the clock (several extras, but no chilli) and I reckon it's worth 10 and a bit.

Have a look in autotrader and see what they're going for. Also, advertise in autotrader if you haven't already - you'll get a lot more views than you will on here or pistonheads...

·
Cleaning Whore
356 Posts
hi mate, i have exacly the same spec as yours, but lower milage at 24,000. and its a early 2004 build.

i bought my car for 9,500. with 12 months warranty, 12 months tax and 12 months mot.

i think i got a real bargain, but i think yours is up for abit too much, try ten (ish)

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
Have you tried it round the dealers to see what they'd give you? Sales are slow at the moment, maybe you'd get a good offer to chop it in against an MX-5

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
wrong side of 10k if you ask me.

You do realise that is just 300 quid cheaper than a main BMW dealer is selling a 17000 mile 2007 R56 Cooper S.

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Tbh thats waaaaay too much, I looked at a Cooper S, a month or so back same sort of spec, 28k and that was up for £10,200.

I think you defo need to lower it to around £9,200-£10,000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks for the advice guys. She paid £12k from a dealer back in October I think, and has done only 4k miles since. She was hoping not to have to take such a hit in a short period of time. I'll let her know your price suggestions.

She has been putting it on Autotrader and eBay but it's costing a lot in advertising fees, as you can imagine after 3 months!

Cheers.

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Okay thanks for the advice guys. She paid £12k from a dealer back in October I think, and has done only 4k miles since. She was hoping not to have to take such a hit in a short period of time. I'll let her know your price suggestions.

She has been putting it on Autotrader and eBay but it's costing a lot in advertising fees, as you can imagine after 3 months!

Cheers.
Don't forget what these money experts say, they say as soon as you drive a car off the forecourt you auto lose on average £1,000-£2,000 on the car.

I would also recommened pistonheads.net for listing your car, free to advertise and LOADS of people use that site.

Defo revise the price, you can also stick £10,350 on the offer and expect to get £10,100 as someone is bound to always try and knock you down.

Its sad news that cars depreciate in value so quick, but its just the way the cookie crumbles :0(

Good Luck Dude :0)

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Don't forget that unfortunatley demand for performance cars is slow at the moment with the price of fuel, tax and the general economic uncertainty.

Was it bought from a main dealer in October? If so does that mean it has cherished warranty? Is cherished transferable? If the answers to these are yes then mention it in the add.

And don't forget that you pay higher prices at dealers, (main & independant), you can't expect to be able to charge that premium as a private seller.

Also, and I don't mean this to sound harsh, but the spec is nice but is similar to the majority of car out there. You will be competing against a lot of other MCS sellers. The leather will set it apart from most. Is the air con manual or auto?

It needs to stand out from the crowd, jump out of the page.

·
MINI2 Rebirth
149 Posts

Cheers.
Yeah - you'd expect to pay the best part of £1k for the privilege of buying from a dealer, so if you sold it again privately the same day you shouldn't expect to get the same amount. That's part of the hit she's taking...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah id say 9750 to 10250

Sorry :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts