MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made from stainless steel? I've done some searching and haven't been able to find any information. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well then, how long with the stock exhaust last? And more importantly, over time will the stock exhaust note improve (i.e.; deeper, throatier)?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
GregF said:
Well then, how long with the stock exhaust last? And more importantly, over time will the stock exhaust note improve (i.e.; deeper, throatier)?
This is another one of those 'it depends' answers. If you drive the car enough distance so that the exhaust system is regularly warmed though and can evaporate any water within it, then it will last longer, I'd estimate 3-4 years. If the exhaust is regularly driven short distances, it will will contain some water, which will corrode the exhaust over time. Driving on salty roads will also have a marked detrimental effect.

The engine note does not get deeper over time, just a little less 'tinny' from when the system is brand new. I ended up replacing my system with a Playmini stainless cat-back exhaust (no center muffler). A mate of mine has the AC Schnitzer back box, that sounds deeper, but I'm not sure if it's stainless.

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
I strongly recommend getting a stainless cat-back system. I got an R Speed, it improved the exhaust note and it's stainless.

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries...

Damo said:
Sorry wasnt meaning to be rude....it just isnt :(
I didn't take it that you were rude. Just to the point and it really was appreciated. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts