MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
I thought it was 89bhp, as is the revised 1.4 diesel offered in the Toyota Corolla now. The following link also refers to a new 1.4 engine for Yarises, which will have a variable vane turbo IIRC. See http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=100931. I hope it'll find its way into the MINI when BMW have had time to tweak/optimise it, which might explain the inordinate time taken to deliver current orders!

· Registered
55 Posts
My dealer didn't know of any changes to the diesel engine in the latest cars. According to him the turbo and common rail injection system are not Toyota but specially developed for the Mini by Bosch and it's just the block (and ancilliary components) that come directly from the Yaris.

On the other hand he is a dealer and sometimes they don't know all they should :D

· Clubman D
1,365 Posts
turboChiken said:
According to him the turbo and common rail injection system are not Toyota but specially developed for the Mini by Bosch and it's just the block (and ancilliary components) that come directly from the Yaris.
I think that the fuel rail and turbo will be the same, just tweaked a little for the MINI engine. Bosch seem to have a little Monopoly going in the components field, I think their components are common on most makes of car now. They do seem to be reliable though!
Wasn't the engine developed jointly by BMW and Toyota to begin with, or did BMW just "Blag" it from Toyota and tweak it for use in the MINI derv?

IF there is a more powerful D coming out, how will it affect the 2nd hand values of our 75Bhp Dervs? And I wonder if the upgrade will be available for the original engine from the dealer? (Can of worms opened?) :rolleyes: :)

· Registered
9,660 Posts
I reckon if they brought a slightly revised engine out it probably would not affect the Second hand car values too much as the Derv side of the second hand market is less frequent than that of the Petrol Versions :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.