MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that on miniusa you can only order the JCW susp. package when you are building a Cooper, it's not selectable when building an S. Vice versa for the JCW air filter, it's only selectable while building an S, and not there for the Cooper.

Is this just the program, i'm sure you can order at LEAST the supsension on an S.

If that's the case, looks like i'm ditching optional wheels in favor of the suspension, IF it's a nice peice. What's the ride height diff. from stock, and how harsh is it compared to other aftermarket setups (it's obviously gonna be harsher than the SS)? And how's the performance increase?

Thanks! :D

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
The Cooper and S air filters are a different design, and JCW have only developed a filter for the S version ;)

As for the suspension, I'm sure there is no special JCW suspension, just the MINI Sports Suspension Plus, which is standard on an S but optional on a Cooper.

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ButtonIt said:
The Cooper and S air filters are a different design, and JCW have only developed a filter for the S version ;)

As for the suspension, I'm sure there is no special JCW suspension, just the MINI Sports Suspension Plus, which is standard on an S but optional on a Cooper.

Uhhhhh.....

I'd provide a direct link, but it's in flash, so here's what it says under build your own mini, #5, under JCW: accessories

JCW Sport Suspension
($1120)

Custom engineered for a Mini's unique characteristics, The JCW Sport Sus. is ideal for adventurous motorers seeking even tighter cornering ability and improved traction on diverse road surfaces.

Believe me now?

·
JCW No. 1459
869 Posts
Technically there is no reason why the JCW Suspension cannot be retro fitted to a Cooper as long as the car has the Sports Suspension + ... if you have standard Cooper suspension you're out of luck :rolleyes:

Having said that MINI USA may make up its own rules ... a bulletin was released last month by MINI USA stating that the JCW Suspension was only available on cars built after 07/2004 :eek:

I have checked directly with JCG in the UK and they say that there is no reason to their knowledge why this would be the case ... suppose I will find out soon as I have ordered the JCW Suspension for my 03/2003 build MCS here in Australia :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.