MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been told that the only baby seat that fits in the back effectively is the Mini one, which sells for about £180. This is twice the price of any numer of good ones we've seen made by Britax and so on.

The seats have been around now for a coouple of years - anyone have an opinion on how they rate - are they worth the extra cash?

We don't have ISOFIX (dealer cocked up the original order. Thank you Chandlers of Brighton).

Alternatively, anyone using a different baby seat that fits well?

I know this thread touches on some previous topics 0 but some of the older threads are a little, well, old.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Group 0+ Car Seat

Hi,

We use the Bebe Confort Elios car seat, which fits in both the back and seats without any trauma.

It also has the additional benefit of fitting directly onto the bebe Confort Urban chasis, which fits in the boot :)

The car seat costs about £75.

HTH...

M_C

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know - I'll check out the Bebe Confort Elios.

We've had impossibly confused and contradictory advice from suppliers about what fits in a Mini . I find it hard to believe that it is only the official mini one that works - but that has been the line from many.

Talk about steep learning curve.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
personally, I think it is a total rip off, knowing how much it costs to develop and design a car seat, and then how much it costs to make them.

But I also think it needs to be considered, that for the small amount of sales the BMW will get from their seat compared to the mass market that Britax sell to, they need to have a higher price to recoup the tooling and design costs for the seat from these small amount of sales.

Personal prefference in seats for me, has to be Maxi Cosi out of all the seats on the market at the moment, but then it would be Silver Cross when it launches, but I am biased;):D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when does the silver cross launch? I would have liked a pram but it wouldn't fit into our hallway let alone the mini.

My mind has been further focused on safety matters this weekend beacuse someone drove into the back of me while I was sitting stationary on a clear stretch of dry road in brilliant sunshine. It was a big jolt and brought home the importence of finding a baby seat that will fit well without isofix.

The back of my pride and joy looks a bit sorry but not as sorry as the front of his fiat.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
were still working on the Silver Cross car seat, but hope to get in the shops end of November/early December, it will fit on all the strollers/pushchairs/prams that we do too;)

If you go to the website, you can order a catalogue with all the products in, as the site is due to be updated so it has all the new stuff on there shortly:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.