MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi had my mini a few months but I’m still finding odd Quirks.

Is this normal on my back lights on my 57 plate Mini cooper I also have this on one of the front fog lights………never had this before any my cars. :puzzled:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lads I’ll keep an eye on it…no water just as you said condensation…bit fussy that’s all. Mate has a new Meganne with the broken rear light that just about open to all the elements and does not give a toss….just wish I was as easy going.

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
ive had this. noticed it when washing the car and on the odd damp morning. Had both lamps changed under warranty:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bloody out in it there and its back, 25 min run to the shops and back…….Big question is this a problem or not?:rolleyes:

Should I get back to the dealers and get this fixed.

Why does my mates new Micra do the same trip and be totally fine yet my car that cost twice as much look like a load of condensation on lights and therefore I have moisture there?
Aston you pulling my Leg or did you actually get this fixed. :hmph:

·
MINIac
90 Posts
I had this problem, mine were a bit worse tho. I had pictures but I can't find them on my PC. Basically the whole light on both sides were like this.

Took it back to my dealer, who said it was a BMW trademark so to speak jokingly, but they will inspect for me. They phoned me back later the same day said they had stripped the lights down and everything seemed ok. But they would replace the seals on the lights for me. However they didn't have the seals in stock and would ring me when they did.

They never got back to me, but it also stopped doing it as well. I get it like yours now very occasionally if it's been a chilly night. So I've never chased them to fit the new seals like they said they would. I don't know if they actually did anything or not, but perhaps taking them out and refitting them formed a better seal the second time. I don't know.

If it concerns you take it in, if something does arise from it you've got it on record that it's been looked at. It'll only niggle away at you otherwise.

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
Aston you pulling my Leg or did you actually get this fixed. :hmph:
Mine was like yours to start with,but got worse. The condensition go so bad it almost covered the whole inside of the lamp:eek:. After a few moans and groans to the stealers,they changed them. Just tell your stealer that you do not expect to have this problem on a premium class car and if they do not sort out the problem,you will contact mini customer services. It worked for me:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that lads I was thinking am I going mad and over the top…………..if it gets any worse over the next few weeks I’ll go in.

Advice noted!

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts