MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car electrics are turned on the display shows the TPMS light (which goes off after a few seconds) , and it also shows the engine light symbol. This engine light symbols stays on until i start the engine.
Is this completely normal ( or a sign of something else ), people i have asked said it is normal, but i thought id better check here.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes it's normal. If you don't see the lights illuminated before starting the engine then the led has failed or there's a problem with the system.
Have a read of your owners manual and many questions like this will be answered easily!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. As ive been reading about a engine noise issue ( yet to have a reply ) this light was a secondary concern, but thanks for tip i will read more in the manual in the future.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
If the lights didn't light up when turning the ignition on then I'd be worried and it's the first thing I check when either buying a car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
SeanC
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing