MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I took delivery of my 05 MCS a bit more than a month ago, have been loving it so much. However, just wonder if any one can tell me whether the tires I have are the 'all seasons' instead of 'performance' run-flat tires in the sport package as I spec'ed out. Because I saw another Mini (an 04 or earlier MCS) today and it has different tires, which looks more like performance tires. In fact, when I took delivery of the car, I had wondered about it, but I never see the real 'performance' one of the packag, I did not ask.

Thanks.

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
The tires in the photo are mostly in shadow, but they look to me to be the Pirelli [email protected] 17" run-flats, which are one of the two performance tires MINI supply, the other in 17" being the Dunlop SP Sport 9000.
If you had received all-seasons in the 17" size they would be Goodyear RS-A's. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. So they are performance tires, the one I saw on the other Mini were in the pattern most aftermarket performance tires (left below) vs the one I have (right below)have ...

|=|| // \\ ||=| ...................... |=| v | | ^ |=|

that's why I asked. May be that Mini really has the aftermarket tires, but he has the R85 wheels, so I thought those tires are stocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts