1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MCS R53 Red and ******
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
They fitted my pulley ok, but fitted the wrong spark plugs (and were not even tightened/torqued correctly).

Avoid their mapping, they will push sell it (they tried with me) saying the car won't drive well, not set up correctly, may get warning lights on dash etc etc. Don't buy into it, they fit a very generic poor map and one lad has spent over £600 trying to get it sorted as the car is pinking heavily and was on the verge of going pop. All because of minispeed.

They are my nearest tuner but I drive 80miles to St Neots / Bedfordshire to visit 1320 Autos, they are the best of the bunch from my experience for making the most out of your money. They are also the only guys who can do a dyno, track and dragstrip proven custom ECU map which is the only way with the mini. (Yes the MTH tune is ok but now the price has hiked you get a custom for the same £££).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Errr, no in short...stay clear!

They supplied me with a big valve cylinder head that came with metal shavings on the back of every valve and the valves weren't even properly 'lapped in,' giving terrible compression and less boost than stock. Avoid.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'd never go to a tuner just because they are near, I'd always go to 1320 Autos and Thinkmini no matter the distance. :)

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
They used to be very good with the classics, and i did business with them often. not tried them in a good few years though, and not on the new MINI front ever.

Personally I have to admit my prefered tuners/workshops are ThinkMINI, GTT and 1320autos ... I have met and talked to all three and seen many cars with thier kit, and would be happy to have them work on my car.

·
MCS R53 Red and ******
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers people....I'll stick with plan A and get back in contact with GTT.

Thanks.

·
Team Wast
362 Posts
They've gone downhill on the classic front too... :(

My friend bought a short engine them from them and it was very poorly machined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts