MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is being sold for 10k as i know nothing about minis , is this a good deal . Any impt would be appreciated .

Thanks

Mini Cooper S (04) ONLY 15831 MILES FULL LEATHER TRIM 1.6

First Registered: 1 Jun 2004 "04" Registration 15,831 Miles

Finished In: GREY METALLIC/FULL GRAVITY LEATHER TRIM

Air Conditioning
Full Service History

Anti-Lock Brakes
Leather Upholstery

Mileage Verified
Multiple Airbags

Passenger Airbag
Power Assisted Steering

Traction Control
Vehicle Stability Control

Alarm
Driver's Airbag

Alloy Wheels
Central Locking

Electric Windows
Immobiliser

Split Folding Rear Seats

THIS SUPERB MINI COOPER S SIX-SPEED SUPER CHARGED WITH ONLY 16300 MILES FROM NEW ALSO COMES WITH, CHILLI PACK, FULL GRAVITY LEATHER TRIM WITH FRONT SPORTS SEATS, XENON HEADLIGHTS, CD STEREO WITH RADIO BOOST, ASC, REMAINDER OF TLC FREE SERVICING PACK, FULL MINI SERVICE HISTORY, IS A ONE LADY OWNER FROM NEW AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.

·
Registered
6 Posts
is it from a mini dealer, independent one or private. I just bought an Jan 04 build for 10k from a mini dealer, has similar spec as above, with DSC, rear tints, full leather, multi function steering wheel & 30k. Looking at prices now i think i have paid over the odds, but its from Mini, so has a 12month warranty which i hope means its worth it.
try and get it closer to 9k. S prices are too hot lately with tax prices rocketing.
by the sounds of it, its not the revampped one which was from June 04 build i think, there are a few changes, newer xenons, 7 more bhp and a few other changer.
take this as a guide, i'm new to Mini too

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Using Parkers and What Car that Mini is worth
9,200-9,400 Mini dealer
8,900-9,100 any other dealers
8,500-8,700 private
Values are falling so this is the time to hold out for a good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking through autotrader and found that 10k was a pretty good price considering the mileage. Not sure now

·
Registered
245 Posts
If it helps, I just bought a 2005 54 reg (facelift) Mini Cooper S with 17.5K on the clock. Chilli pack, heated seats with TLC XL for £8850 with new MOT and tax from a Audi dealer.

I know lots of people/dealers on autotrader are charging WAY over the top for their cars, I see 03 reg ones going for £10000!

You Can buy a nice 2005 car for 10K, even a works is within reach at this sort of price range. Ideally you want a 54 plate onwards as its the facelift model.

I very much doubt 7.5K would get you a car with this mileage/spec though!!

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
I agree with the comments....this is too much.

It's not a facelift model so in my opinion would take an additional hit. Mine is an 05 JCW with full bodykit, R90 alloys, JCW this, that and the other and i would probably put it on the market between £10-11K.

With the way things are going it would probably be at the £10K end. :angry:

Having said that...i think it is very useful having warranty on 3+ year old Mini. I bought mine through the cherished scheme so paid a bit more than i would have done privately. Had a number of warranty claims such as loose trim, Xenon light levelling problem and rear washer jet issue that could have mounted all in all to £800+ worth of work.

£9K should grab you a spankin facelift MCS....and a bit extra a JCW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts