Votes: 32 69.6%
  • NO

Votes: 14 30.4%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading this forum for along time I wanted to find out IS THIS YOUR FIRST MINI? This will be more relevant to people on my side of the pond. I drove a "62" for years with a bored out austin american engine which ate two cranks in its day.I will miss the starter button on the floorboard and the sliding windows but am thrilled with what is on the way:D So who's new and who's got stories.:p

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
mad hatter said:
After reading this forum for along time I wanted to find out IS THIS YOUR FIRST MINI? This will be more relevant to people on my side of the pond. I drove a "62" for years with a bored out austin american engine which ate two cranks in its day.I will miss the starter button on the floorboard and the sliding windows but am thrilled with what is on the way:D So who's new and who's got stories.:p
Small world :) - I also owned a '62 Mini with a Austin America 1275. Over the 14 years I owned it I rebuilt the engine twice but keep the same crank :). The '62 was originally an Austin Super de Luxe so it had all the Cooper trim and with the 1275 and Cooper S discs it was a good imitation Cooper. It was my first car and I used it through high school and college -- it's my sentimental favorite of all the Minis I've owned. I've also owned a '79 Austin Mini 1000 (later Cooper-ized), a late model Rover Mini Cooper, a '66 Austin Mini-Moke 850 - each had it's own personality and character. My current Mini is a restored '65 Morris Mini Traveller estate equipped with a late model Rover Cooper 1275 engine/gearbox. I can't wait until a new Cooper S is in my garage. :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: Is this your first MINI?

BruceK said:
....My current Mini is a restored '65 Morris Mini Traveller estate equipped with a late model Rover Cooper 1275 engine/gearbox..:D
Here it is :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
This will be my first MINi but hopefully not my last :)
most of my family have owned Mini's over the years :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is my second mini and I've only had two cars. My first was a 1986 mini chelsea which gave my 3 years of fun (and didn't breakdown once). I do miss the sound of the engine though.

Jon

·
Registered
448 Posts
First Mini a red/white Rover Cooper 1.3i (1993). I'm currently driving a Rover Cooper 35, with 1298cc MED engine, stage 3 head and S/C gears. Noisy, leaks a lot, but amazing round corners (and not to shabby in a straight line).

·
Registered
224 Posts
This will be my First:D July is so FAR away:(

·
Registered
906 Posts
Which first mini/MINI

Have I missed the question? You are referring to the MINI and not the Mini? Well I have 3 MINIs, 2 I still own, and one sent back for scrap. I have never owned a Mini.

This poll is therefore unclear. Should I answer, "Yes, I have owned a MINI." or "No, I have not owned a Mini."? Is this a nostalgia type poll or a quality check?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts