MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just a quickie.

Interesting point, do you share the same charachteristics as I do with the new 1.4 engine?

-----

I notice, quite a whiny and noisy clicking engine. Do you get this as well??

Also, now getting the same jerky clutch as the older minis, this is prob me tho lol!

·
Registered
36 Posts
From outside - yes it is a bit whiney and clickey - especially first thing in the morning but I can't hear anything inside the car at all so I don't worry about it. Its really quiet on the move - really economical and goes really well for a 1.4. The clutch judder that you have got is definitely different though as my clutch is really smooth whether - pulling off - changing gear or holding on a hill.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I get slight judders in the clutch sometimes when pulling off, not always as severe, but nothing serious doesn't interrupt the driving experience!!

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I find though after doing over 2500 miles, if you set the gas just right then there are no judders and it moves off nice and smoothly!

·
..Blow the bloody drs off
1 Posts
Clutch judder

Hello One owners a new to this site!

I too have a juddery clutch on my Mini One and also can be a pain to get reverse sometimes too.
Glad to hear the judder is not my lack of driving skills! My car also likes to air itself out from time to time the windows seem to fall down when I've locked it!!

:confused:

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Hehe there is a thread about that in the Interior section I think. Although you could be accidentally pressing the open button in your pocket.

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
We've got three MINI Ones with the new 1.4 engine at work. The engine does sound a bit whiny and clicky when cold but nothing to worry about.

I can't say I've noticed the clutch being juddery myself, however when one of ours was in for warranty work recently the paperwork had a note on it which showed the technician had found this and he'd adjusted something. Since you don't keep the paperwork with warranty work I couldn't tell you what this is, sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts